Zion Long Weekend • Southwest • North America
|Months||May, June, September | View Dates»|
|Price (USD)||From $1,099 | See Pricing»|
|Start & End||St. George, Utah|
|Trip Length||4 days | 3 nights|
|Rider Type||2 | Learn More»|
|Daily Rides||Options from 16 - 63 miles|
|Beyond Biking||Hiking, Shopping|
|Trip Options||Make it Private or Choose Your Own Date|
Zion National Park and Springdale, Utah, tucked in the southwest corner of the state, are a desert wonderland of red rocks, sheer cliffs, and cool flowing waters. From the depths of the Virgin River Narrows to the soaring views from Angel's Landing and Observation Point, this region's surreal landscape can be found no other place on earth. Trek Travel's Zion Weekend trip allows you to experience the best of this magnificent place by biking and hiking through its canyons and over its mesas, where each day the light plays on the red rocks in a different and beautiful way. We look forward to enjoying this exhilarating, ever-changing landscape with you.
- Marvel at the 2,000-foot sheer sandstone walls of Zion Canyon.
- Refuel with fantastic Southwestern cuisine, including local farm-fresh meats served with hearty combinations of corn, rice, and beans spiced with chili peppers.
- Descend past the Checkerboard Mesa into a sea of petrified dunes on the east side of the Park.
- Visit the desert town of Kanab, known locally as "Little Hollywood" for the many movies and television shoots that have taken place in the area.
- Explore the incredible slot canyon of the Virgin River Narrows.
Days 1 – 4 | Zion National Park
Stay at Majestic View Lodge
Follow the cool waters of the Virgin River to the fun desert town of Springdale | Ride the red ribbon of road past the Watchman, Court of the Patriarchs, and Weeping Rock | Visit the town of Kanab and explore the eastern side of Zion National Park | Choose among Zion’s famous hikes such as the Virgin River Narrows or Angel’s Landing
Majestic View Lodge | Springdale, UT
This comfortable western retreat is surrounded by the majestic cliffs of Zion National Park. Located at the edge of town for peaceful surroundings but still a stop on the Springdale town shuttle route, the Lodge offers a beautiful outdoor pool and hot tub with unspoiled views of the canyon walls, along with easy access to all that Springdale has to offer.
What’s Included in the Trip Price
- 3 nights of accommodation
- 3 lunches, 2 social hours, 2 dinners, and all snacks and drinks for each day
- The knowledge, support, and camaraderie of experienced guides
- Daily route support
- The use of a Trek Domane 5.9 carbon road bike, or Trek Domane 5.9 Women’s Specific Design carbon road bike (limited selection), or Trek 7.6 FX hybrid bike
- The use of Trek bike helmets and other gear and equipment to make your ride comfortable
- Trek Travel water bottles
- Private tours
- Entrance fees to all group events/activities
- All luggage transfers
- All transportation during the trip, including private coaches
- Comprehensive trip literature and complimentary Trek merchandise
- All gratuities for special events, local guides, transfers, hotels, and restaurants
- $300 Discount on a 5 or 6 series Trek Domane or Madone, or Project One purchased at your local Trek retailer
- Airfare to and from the trip
- Transportation to the trip pick-up location
- Lodging before and after the trip
- Gratuities for Trek Travel guides
- Personal items purchased during the trip
- Some meals are not included in each destination, which allows you the opportunity to explore regional cuisine on your own. Your guides are happy to make recommendations should you so desire.
What is the weather going to be like?
Zion enjoys a desert climate, meaning generally quite warm during the day (85-95F) but potentially cool at night (50-65F). Light layers and a wind/waterproof shell are good for the day. Warm layers are recommended for the cool nights and early mornings.
What are the daily rides like?
|Rider Type | 2||Average Daily Mileage | 27|
|Terrain | hilly||Average Daily Elevation | 1,600|
On all of our vacations, Trek Travel strives to find quiet, paved secondary roads or bike paths to experience a region; busy roads are avoided as much as possible. Zion is best suited for our Type 2 Riders. Our Trek Travel guides can also easily accommodate Type 1 Riders, who seek less mileage or fewer uphills, with a boost in the van. Those who wish to ride every mile but are concerned about their physical ability may want to try our electric bike option–you still get a workout but can climb alongside even the strongest rider. Type 3 Riders will enjoy the extra mileage the avid route options offer. The terrain is varied, from relatively level riding along the floor of Zion Canyon to sustained climbing in potentially windy conditions on the east side of the Park. The splendid views make the climbs worthwhile. See Itinerary for specific daily ride distance and elevation options.
What are the options for a non-rider travel companion?
On most Trek Travel trips, we offer non-riding options for riders who want to take the afternoon off, or travel companions who want to spend little or no time in the saddle. Some of these options may need to be scheduled before your trip–please contact one of our Trip Consultants for more information. Expenses and/or related transportation to these activities may not be included in the trip price. See Included In The Trip Price for more information.
Some non-riding options on this trip are:
- Numerous hiking options in the staggering beauty of Zion National Park
- Shop in Springdale
- Relax poolside with a view of red rock cliffs at Majestic View Lodge
- Schedule a spa treatment in Springdale
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Check out our General FAQs section. You will find answers to all the most common questions that don’t necessarily pertain to a specific trip.
|Zion Long Weekend 2013Value Series||Jun 27-30, 2013||Guaranteed Date*||$1,099 per person | $450 single occ.|
|Value Series||Sep 15-18, 2013||Guaranteed Date*||$1,099 per person | $450 single occ.|
|Value Series||Sep 20-23, 2013||Guaranteed Date*||$1,099 per person | $450 single occ.|
|Zion Long Weekend 2014Value Series||Apr 24-27, 2014||$1,099 per person | $450 single occ.|
|Value Series||May 1-4, 2014||$1,099 per person | $450 single occ.|
|Value Series||May 8-11, 2014||$1,099 per person | $450 single occ.|
|Value Series||May 15-18, 2014||$1,099 per person | $450 single occ.|
|Value Series||Sep 15-18, 2014||$1,099 per person | $450 single occ.|
|Value Series||Sep 20-23, 2014||$1,099 per person | $450 single occ.|
Want to travel with your with friends, family, or colleagues? We can make any trip private. More»
Our dates don't fit your schedule? Use Travel Match and suggest your own date. More»
*Our 2013 trips are guaranteed to run once we have one confirmed booking on the trip. Trek Travel reserves the right to cancel trips with zero guests, therefore you must book with Trek Travel before making travel arrangments for the trip. We are not responsible for travel arrangements made prior to confirming your Trek Travel Trip. Guaranteed trips do not include Cross Country, Santa Barbara to Taos, Pyrenees Sea to Sea, or any Race trips.
Wow’s From Our Guests & More Photos
When we asked our guests what their favorite WOW’s were from their Zion vacations, here is what they said…
The scenery of Zion Canyon is unmatched—a deep red gorge with hanging gardens and ponderosa pines clinging to dramatically colored perpendicular walls. You’ll surely want to explore Utah further after this Zion National Park tease. —Shannon, Trip Designer
The overall beauty of Zion and the experience of exploring it by car, bike and foot.—David
Beyond the scenery, I really was impressed by Tony and Dan, the guides.—Rachel
The scenery. I have never seen anything like it! Absolutely beautiful.—Beth
I had a great trip. I will certainly be considering Trek Travel again for the future.—Peter
I loved the challenge. We had all abilities in our group and Tony and JV dealt with it extremely well.—Allan