Vermont Private • East • North America
|Start & End||Burlington, Vermont|
|Trip Length||6 days | 5 nights|
|Rider Type||2 | Learn More»|
|Daily Rides||Options from 14 - 75 miles|
|Beyond Biking||Hiking, Historical Site Visit, Food Tasting, Shopping|
|Trip Options||Make It Private or Choose Your Own Date|
Get ready to relax and explore Vermont's beautiful Mad River Valley! Here, you’ll enjoy brisk bicycle rides among the fir-covered Green Mountains, along winding rivers and past hillside farms. Explore the charm of quaint town squares and sample regional specialties from golden maple syrup to smooth Vermont cheddar and rich, velvety ice cream. Ride across the centuries-old Pine Brook Covered Bridge, hike through the pristine Green Mountain National Forest and soak in the luxurious accommodations of the Pitcher Inn and Stoweflake Resort. Vermont offers a range of cycling, hiking and sightseeing options for any skill level, so whatever your interest, let Trek Travel bring your picture-perfect bicycling vacation to life.
- Stay at the renowned Pitcher Inn, a Relais & Chateau property located in the gorgeous Mad River Valley.
- Feel like a kid again at Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Factory, home to some of the world's most creative flavors.
- Ride winding roads, surrounded by the vibrant greens, reds and yellows of the leaves that blanket the Green Mountains.
- Indulge your sweet tooth with a taste of locally produced maple syrup in a small, family-owned sugarhouse.
- Quiet villages and a slower pace of life will leave you feeling like time really can stand still.
Days 1 – 2 | Warren
Stay at The Pitcher Inn
Explore a well preserved New England round barn | Stay and dine at a Relais & Chateaux property | Shop in the cozy downtown district of Middlebury | Ride over Appalachian Gap
Days 3 – 6 | Stowe
Stay at Stoweflake Mountain Resort and Spa
Sample sweet Ben & Jerry's ice cream | Explore the village center of Stowe | Hike up Elmore Mountain for stunning views of the mountains around and the lake below | Bike through Smuggler's Notch | Taste Vermont’s finest maple syrup
The Pitcher Inn | Warren, VT
The Pitcher Inn has been called "Vermont’s finest Inn" by Diversion Magazine and one of the "Top 100 Mainland U.S. Hotels" by Conde Naste Traveler. The property has been an operating inn since the early 1850s and has evolved over the decades into the Relais & Chateaux it is today. Over the years, the Inn has gracefully retained its original, authentic warmth and is currently a wonderful mix of old-fashioned hospitality and modern comforts. Each room epitomizes a different Vermont theme and features original art, memorabilia and antiques.
Stoweflake Mountain Resort and Spa | Stowe, VT
This AAA 4-Diamond Resort is located just outside of the village of Stowe. The resort began as a small inn owned by the Baraw Family in the early 1960s and has grown into one of Vermont’s most acclaimed resort and spa properties, making the Conde Naste Traveler Gold List in 2010 and the "Top 75 U.S. Mainland Resorts" list in 2009. The property is located along the Stowe Recreation Path, in the shadow of Mount Mansfield, with comfortable accommodations, extensive spa options, and the award-winning Winfield’s Bistro.
What’s Included in the Trip Price
- 5 nights of accommodation
- Daily breakfast, 4 lunches, 3 social hours, 4 dinners, and all snacks and drinks for each day
- The knowledge, support, and camaraderie of experienced guides
- Daily route support
- The use of a Trek Madone™ 5.2 carbon road bike, or Trek Madone™ 5.1 Women’s Specific Design carbon road bike (limited selection), or Trek 7.7 FX™ hybrid bike
- The use of Trek bike helmets and other gear and equipment to make your ride comfortable
- Trek Travel water bottles
- Private tours
- Entrance fees to all group events/activities
- All luggage transfers
- All transportation during the trip, including private coaches
- Comprehensive trip literature and complimentary Trek merchandise
- All gratuities for special events, local guides, transfers, hotels, and restaurants
- $300 Discount on a 5 or 6 series Trek Madone purchase at your local Trek retailer
- Airfare to and from the trip
- Transportation to the trip pick-up location
- Lodging before and after the trip
- Gratuities for Trek Travel guides
- Personal items purchased during the trip
- Some meals are not included in each destination, which allows you the opportunity to explore regional cuisine on your own. Your guides are happy to make recommendations should you so desire.
What is the weather going to be like?
Early fall weather varies in northern Vermont, generally warmer in early September and chilly by October with highs in the 50s and freezing overnight. Layers are always recommended, as you can expect cool mornings all season! Rain is also a distinct possibility in Vermont any time of year, so check the forecast in the days prior to your departure and always bring your rain gear just in case.
What are the daily rides like?
|Rider Type | 2||Average Daily Mileage | 30|
|Terrain | hilly||Average Daily Elevation | 1,590|
On all of our vacations, Trek Travel strives to find quiet, paved secondary roads or bike paths to experience a region; busy roads are avoided as much as possible. Vermont is best suited for our Type 2 Riders. Our Trek Travel guides can also easily accommodate Type 1 Riders, who seek less mileage or fewer uphills, with a boost in the van. Those who wish to ride every mile but are concerned about their physical ability may want to try our electric bike option—you still get a workout but can climb alongside even the strongest rider. Type 3 Riders will enjoy the extra mileage the avid route options offer. The terrain is highlighted by rewarding vistas and winding roads thanks to the beautiful Green Mountains. The roads are consistently rolling with several challenging climbs thrown in. See Itinerary for specific daily ride distance and elevation options.
What are the options for a non-rider travel companion?
On most Trek Travel trips, we offer non-riding options for riders who want to take the afternoon off, or travel companions who want to spend little or no time in the saddle. Some of these options may need to be scheduled before your trip—please contact one of our Trip Consultants for more information. Expenses and/or related transportation to these activities may not be included in the trip price. See Included In The Trip Price for more information.
Some non-riding options on this trip are:
- Opt to achieve complete relaxation at the Stoweflake Spa
- Hike at Lake Elmore St. Park and Vermont’s Long Trail
- Shop at boutique shops in Jeffersonville, Stowe, and Johnson
- Visit the Von Trapp Family Lodge
- Tour Rock Art Brewing, a crafter of fine seasonal beers in Morrisville
- Visit the Stowe Craft Gallery which houses an extensive collection of local Vermont artists' work
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Check out our General FAQs section. You will find answers to all the most common questions that don’t necessarily pertain to a specific trip.
Make Vermont Luxury Your Own:
Trek Travel can customize a trip for groups ranging from 14 to 20+ guests. Tweak an existing itinerary or create a new one! When you build your own Custom bike trip with Trek Travel, each and every moment is artfully crafted to a blueprint of your choosing; it’s personalized and tailored to fit your schedule, interests, curiosities, wants, needs and budget.
So what do you need to do to get started? Check out our ’Trips to enthuse’ for ideas, contact us, then tell us who, where and when—it’s that easy. Let the planning begin.
Wow’s From Our Guests & More Photos
See more photos from all our trips on Smugmug.com
See more photos from all our trips on Smugmug.com
When we asked our guests what their favorite WOW’s were from their Vermont vacations, here is what they said…
Especially liked the "backroads" section that allowed us to see rural Vermont.—Leanne
The destination of Vermont at the peak of the autumn leaves was incredible. It couldn't have been a better week!—Susan
Great tour guides! Much more service and help than expected.—Donna
A centuries-old charm remains the essence of Vermont’s quaint small towns...After just a week, you’ll feel at home, thanks to Vermont’s warm and welcoming people.—Jon Vick, Trip Expert