Vermont Long Weekend • East • North America
|Months||August, September | View Dates»|
|Price (USD)||From $1,599 | See Pricing»|
|Start & End||Burlington, Vermont|
|Trip Length||4 days | 3 nights|
|Rider Type||2 | Learn More»|
|Daily Rides||Options from 10 - 29 miles|
|Beyond Biking||Hiking, Historical Site Visit, Food Tasting , Shopping|
|Trip Options||Make it Private or Choose Your Own Date|
If you are short on time, or just looking for a late summer trip, our Vermont Long Weekend bike tour offers a great chance to get away and experience the best that Vermont has to offer in a four-day active cycling vacation. Your home will be Stowe’s historic Green Mountain Inn, so you can settle in and get to know this small town. We have great rides and hikes planned that will take you over tree-covered countryside, past farms, covered bridges, and over the famous gap at Smuggler’s Notch. Celebrate the local food culture prevalent here and indulge in treats from fresh maple syrup to cheeses and jams. We are certain that you’ll come away from this weekend trip with a smile on your face and plans to return to this wonderful region.
- Cycle rural roads through the hamlets of Morrisville, Johnson, and Jeffersonville and hike to a fire tower atop Elmore Mountain.
- Feel like a kid again at Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Factory, home to some of the world’s most creative flavors.
- Explore the historic village of Stowe, famous for skiing and its quaint main street lined with small shops and restaurants.
- Indulge your sweet tooth with a taste of locally produced maple syrup in a small, family-owned sugarhouse.
- Visit Smuggler’s Notch, a scenic pass at the base of Mount Mansfield, Vermont’s highest peak.
Days 1 – 4 | Stowe
Stay at Green Mountain Inn
Sample rich Ben & Jerry's ice cream | Explore quaint Stowe | Bike through covered bridges and along the fantastic Stowe Recreation Path | Hike to stunning views of the surrounding Green Mountains at Elmore State Park, or swim and relax at Lake Elmore | Taste Vermont’s finest maple syrup | Enjoy an unforgettable ride through the Vermont countryside and over Smuggler’s Notch
Green Mountain Inn | Stowe, VT
Situated in the center of the village of Stowe, the Green Mountain Inn has a rich and interesting history. The property, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, has been welcoming guests (including former Presidents of the U.S.) since the mid-1800s, when it served as a stagecoach stop and has operated under its current name for 117 years. Over the generations, the Inn has been transformed into the beautiful property that it is today through upgrades designed to retain and blend the Inn's historic charm and traditional feel with the very best amenities and comfortable accommodations.
What’s Included in the Trip Price
- 3 nights of accommodation
- Daily breakfast, 2 lunches, 2 social hours, 2 dinners, and all snacks and drinks for each day
- The knowledge, support, and camaraderie of experienced guides
- Daily route support
- The use of a Trek Domane™ 5.9 carbon road bike, or Trek Domane™ 5.9 Women’s Specific Design carbon road bike (limited selection), or Trek 7.6 FX™ hybrid bike
- The use of Trek bike helmets and other gear and equipment to make your ride comfortable
- Trek Travel water bottles
- Private tours
- Entrance fees to all group events/activities
- All luggage transfers
- All transportation during the trip, including private coaches
- Comprehensive trip literature and complimentary Trek merchandise
- All gratuities for special events, local guides, transfers, hotels, and restaurants
- $300 Discount on a 5 or 6 series Trek Domane or Madone, or Project One purchased at your local Trek retailer
- Airfare to and from the trip
- Transportation to the trip pick-up location
- Lodging before and after the trip
- Gratuities for Trek Travel guides
- Personal items purchased during the trip
- Some meals are not included in each destination, which allows you the opportunity to explore regional cuisine on your own. Your guides are happy to make recommendations should you so desire.
What is the weather going to be like?
During the month of August, expect daytime temperatures in the upper 70s and nighttime lows in the 50s. Early fall weather varies in northern Vermont, generally still warm in September with highs in the upper 60s and overnight lows in the 40s. Layers are always recommended, as you can expect cool mornings all season! Rain is also a distinct possibility in Vermont any time of year, so check the forecast in the days prior to your departure and always bring your rain gear, just in case.
What are the daily rides like?
|Rider Type | 2||Average Daily Mileage | 25|
|Terrain | hilly||Average Daily Elevation | 900|
On all of our vacations, Trek Travel strives to find quiet, paved secondary roads or bike paths to experience a region; busy roads are avoided as much as possible. Vermont is best suited for our Type 2 Riders. Our Trek Travel guides can also easily accommodate Type 1 Riders, who seek less mileage or fewer uphills, with a boost in the van. Those who wish to ride every mile but are concerned about their physical ability may want to try our electric bike option–you still get a workout but can climb alongside even the strongest rider. Type 3 Riders will enjoy the extra mileage the avid route options offer. The terrain is varied, with most rides in wide valleys of rolling farmland and others in more mountainous areas. All of the rides are highlighted by rewarding vistas and winding roads, thanks to the beautiful Green Mountains. See Itinerary for specific daily ride distance and elevation options.
What are the options for a non-rider travel companion?
On most Trek Travel trips, we offer non-riding options for riders who want to take the afternoon off, or travel companions who want to spend little or no time in the saddle. Some of these options may need to be scheduled before your trip–please contact one of our Trip Consultants for more information. Expenses and/or related transportation to these activities may not be included in the trip price. See Included In The Trip Price for more information.
Some non-riding options on this trip are:
- Visit the Stowe Craft Gallery, which houses an extensive collection of the work of Vermont artists
- Hike at Elmore State Park and enjoy the Stowe Recreation Path
- Take a yoga class
- Visit the Von Trapp Family Lodge
- Tour Rock Art Brewing, a crafter of fine seasonal beers in Morrisville
- Opt to achieve complete relaxation at one of the spas near Stowe
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Check out our General FAQs section. You will find answers to all the most common questions that don’t necessarily pertain to a specific trip.
|Vermont Long Weekend 2013
||Aug 22-25, 2013||Guaranteed Date*||$1,599 per person | $550 single occ.|
|Aug 29-Sep 1, 2013||Guaranteed Date*||$1,599 per person | $550 single occ.|
|Sep 5-8, 2013||Guaranteed Date*||$1,599 per person | $550 single occ.|
Want to travel with your with friends, family, or colleagues? We can make any trip private. More»
Our dates don't fit your schedule? Use Travel Match and suggest your own date. More»
*Our 2013 trips are guaranteed to run once we have one confirmed booking on the trip. Trek Travel reserves the right to cancel trips with zero guests, therefore you must book with Trek Travel before making travel arrangments for the trip. We are not responsible for travel arrangements made prior to confirming your Trek Travel Trip. Guaranteed trips do not include Cross Country, Santa Barbara to Taos, Pyrenees Sea to Sea, or any Race trips.
Wow’s From Our Guests & More Photos
When we asked our guests what their favorite WOW's were from their Vermont bike vacations, here is what they said…
The cool green of late summer in Vermont is the perfect backdrop for a weekend getaway. A charming town, fantastic riding, and chances to experience the unique culture of New England are packed into this four-day adventure —Rebecca, Trip Designer