y2012 Tour of Flanders • Greater Europe • Europe
|Months To Go
||March | View Dates»|
|Price (USD)||Contact us for 2013 trip details|
|Start & End||Brussels, Belgium|
|Trip Length||5 days | 4 nights|
|Rider Type||4 | Learn More»|
|Daily Rides||Options from 38 - 90 miles|
|Beyond Biking||Historical Site Visit, Beer Tasting, Shopping, Ride Pro Race Course, RADIOSHACK NISSAN TREK Team Access|
|Trip Options||Make it Private or Choose Your Own Date|
"Ronde van Vlaanderen" is a monument in the Spring Classics and the professional cycling calendar. This unique, grueling event will start in Brugge, winds through the plains of Flanders before the infamous climbs and cobbles that built this race’s reputation, including 3 finale laps of the Oude Kwaremont. Trek Travel promises a first class race experience on your cycling vacation with up close and personal RADIOSHACK NISSAN TREK team access and VIP passes to the race finish in Oudenaarde. Watch as riders battle against Fabian Cancellara as he attempts to regain his seat atop the Tour of Flanders throne. Trek Travel brings you as close to the race as you can get without joining the peloton.
- Exclusive Trek Travel Race viewings.
- Ride the industry's best, Trek's 5.2 OCLV Madone bike (always included in the price) or upgrade to the 6.5 - a lighter even higher performance ride.
- Behind the scenes race access.
- Our reputation as the experts in the industry for our race trips.
- Highly trained guides to offer industry renowned support and attention.
|Click Below To Download|
|2012 Sample Itinerary
Sample 2012 Itinerary
Day 1 | Brugge
Stay at Martin’s Relais Oud Huis Amsterdam
Stay in the spectacular city of Brugge | Enjoy a tasting of local Belgian beers | Ride part of the Tour de Flanders race course
Days 2 – 4 | Kortrijk
Stay at D-Hotel
Visit the Tour of Flanders museum in the race finish town of Oudenaarde | Visit with RADIOSHACK NISSAN TREK team | Meet the mechanics and see the bikes | Q&A with team rep | Ride some of the famous climbs and cobbles of the race | VIP passes to Oude Kwaremont viewing enclosure
Sample 2012 Accommodations
Martin’s Relais Oud Huis Amsterdam | Brugge, Belgium
Martin’s Relais Oud Amsterdam is housed in four great merchant’s houses in the center of Brugge, on the banks of the Spiegelrei canal. This delightful hotel has sumptuous rooms, first class hospitality and an ideal location.
D-Hotel | Kortrijk, Belgium
D-hotel combines a windmill and farmhouse that are recognized historical sites and a new futuristic design which is unlike any other hotel! Enjoy the luxurious spa, cozy lounge bar and their creative use of state-of-the-art technologies.
What’s Included in the Trip Price
- 4 nights of accommodation
- Daily breakfast, 3 lunches, 2 social hours, 3 dinners, and all snacks and drinks for each day
- The knowledge, support, and camaraderie of experienced guides
- Daily route support
- The use of a Trek Domane 5.9 carbon road bike, or Trek Domane 5.9 Women’s Specific Design carbon road bike (limited selection), or Trek 7.6 FX hybrid bike
- The use of Trek bike helmets and other gear and equipment to make your ride comfortable
- Trek Travel water bottles
- Private tours
- Entrance fees to all group events/activities
- All luggage transfers
- All transportation during the trip, including private coaches
- Comprehensive trip literature and complimentary Trek merchandise
- All gratuities for special events, local guides, transfers, hotels, and restaurants
- $300 Discount on a 5 or 6 series Trek Domane purchase at your local Trek retailer
- Airfare to and from the trip
- Transportation to the trip pick-up location
- Lodging before and after the trip
- Gratuities for Trek Travel guides
- Personal items purchased during the trip
- Some meals are not included in each destination, which allows you the opportunity to explore regional cuisine on your own. Your guides are happy to make recommendations should you so desire.
What is the weather going to be like?
Spring temperatures are usually cool with pleasant daytime temperatures(40F-60F). Belgium’s lush green landscapes and northern location mean that it can be hit with the odd cold spell and rain shower. Warm layers and a waterproof shell are highly recommended.
What are the daily rides like?
|Rider Type | 4||Average Daily Mileage | 40|
|Terrain | hilly||Average Daily Elevation | 1,000|
On all of our vacations, Trek Travel strives to find quiet, paved secondary roads or bike paths to experience a region; busy roads are avoided as much as possible. Belgium Spring Classics is best suited for our Type 4 Riders. Our Trek Travel guides can also easily accommodate Type 3 Riders, who seek less mileage or fewer uphills, with a boost in the van. Type 4+ Riders will enjoy the extra mileage the avid route options offer. The terrain is Varied with rolling plains. Hills can be steep and can involve cobblestones. See Itinerary for specific daily ride distance and elevation options.
What are the options for a non-rider travel companion?
On most Trek Travel trips, we offer non-riding options for riders who want to take the afternoon off, or travel companions who want to spend little or no time in the saddle. Some of these options may need to be scheduled before your trip–please contact one of our Trip Consultants for more information. Expenses and/or related transportation to these activities may not be included in the trip price. See Included In The Trip Price for more information.
Some non-riding options on this trip are:
- Explore the immaculately preserved medieval town of Brugge
- Taste local beers in Brugge
- Enjoy VIP team RadioShack-Nissan-Trek access
- Enjoy VIP passes at race finish in Oudenaarde
- Visit artisan chocolate shops in Brugge
How do I train for my trip?
We work with Vision Quest Training to give you that little boost before your Trek Travel bike trip. Vision Quest offers custom training plans that will get you ready to tackle your trip with confidence. The coaches consider the amount of hours you can train per week, what you need to focus on based on your goals and milestones you need to hit in order to achieve them. They develop a detailed write up and training plan just for you!
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Check out our General FAQs section. You will find answers to all the most common questions that don’t necessarily pertain to a specific trip.
|Tour of Flanders||2013 information will be available in September
Want to travel with your with friends, family, or colleagues? We can make any trip private. More»
Our dates don't fit your schedule? Use Travel Match and suggest your own date. More»
Wow’s From Our Guests & More Photos
When we asked our guests what their favorite WOW's were from their Belgium Spring Classics bike vacations, here is what they said…
The 96th edition of the Tour of Flanders will be an epic display of courage as talented riders, including Fabian Cancellara, battle the cobbles, and each other, for the glory of the win. —Penny Gatward, Trip Designer
Savor the delights of the chefs and master brewers of this small, but extremely indulgent nation. —Penny Gatward, Trip Designer