Flanders & Roubaix • Greater Europe • Europe
|Months||March | View Dates»|
|Price (USD)||$5,999 per person | See Pricing»|
|Start & End||Kortrijk, Belgium | Brussels, Belgium|
|Trip Length||10 days | 9 nights|
|Rider Type||3 | Learn More»|
|Daily Rides||Options from 21 - 80 miles|
|Beyond Biking||Historical Site Visit, Beer Tasting, Shopping, Ride Pro Race Course|
|Trip Options||Make it Private or Choose Your Own Date|
"Ronde van Vlaanderen" is a monument in the Spring Classics and the professional cycling calendar. This grueling event winds through the plains of Flanders before the climbs and cobbles that built this race’s reputation, including 3 finale laps of the Oude Kwaremont. Paris-Roubaix, often called "the Hell of the North," is one of the hardest single day races and one of the oldest, dating to 1896. Riders navigate 28 sections of cobbles before the exciting finish laps in the vélodrome. This legendary race is guaranteed to leave bodies bruised and egos battered while the winner receives a large cobble trophy. Trek Travel promises a VIP race experience including 4 days to train at our epic Mallorca Ride Camp. Don’t miss out!
- Exclusive VIP access to Team RADIOSHACK LEOPARD TREK
- VIP passes and premier seating at Roubaix Vélodrome race finish
- Ride some of the infamous climbs and cobbles
- Spend 4 days at an epic Ride Camp in Mallorca, training grounds of the Pros
- Enjoy a roadside view as racers climb the cobbles on race day
Days 1 & 2 | Kortrijk and Flanders
Stay at Hôtel Damier
Stay in the historic city of Kortrijk | Enjoy a tasting of local Belgian beers | VIP passes to race finish town of Oudenaarde | Visit with Team RADIOSHACK LEOPARD TREK | Ride some of the famous climbs and cobbles of the race | VIP passes to Roubaix finish event
Days 3 – 6 | Mallorca
Stay at Reads Hotel
Discover a vast array of challenging terrain | Enjoy pristine views of the Mediterranean | Enjoy a Trek Travel Ride Camp in a mild climate
Days 7 – 10 | Paris-Roubaix
Stay at Hôtel Beatus
Ride part of the Paris-Roubaix race course including the infamous cobbles of the Trouée d’Arenberg | Visit with Team RADIOSHACK LEOPARD TREK | VIP passes to Roubaix Vélodrome
Hôtel Damier | Kortrijk, Belgium
Hôtel Damier is one of the oldest in Europe. Centrally located on the historic market square, within walking distance of the most exciting parts of the Kortrijk town square. Enjoy legendary charm with a personal touch.
Reads Hotel | Palma, Mallorca, Spain
A charming boutique hotel situated at the foot of the breathtaking Tramuntana mountains, surrounded by landscaped gardens and its own vineyard. Privately owned and run by the Read family it became a member of Relais & Chåteaux in 2002. Since the opening of Vespasian Spa in 2007, Reads has become renowned as a destination offering a full range of spa, fitness and relaxation activities.
Hôtel Beatus | Cambrai, France
This quaint, family run hotel is tucked away in a peaceful and greenery oasis. Situated only a few blocks from the town center of Cambrai and within easy riding distance of the Paris-Roubaix course.
What’s Included in the Trip Price
- 9 nights of accommodation
- Daily breakfast, 7 lunches, 3 social hours, 7 dinners, and all snacks and drinks for each day
- The knowledge, support, and camaraderie of experienced guides
- Daily route support
- The use of a Trek Domane™ 5.9 carbon road bike, or Trek Domane™ 5.9 Women’s Specific Design carbon road bike (limited selection), or Trek 7.6 FX™ hybrid bike
- The use of Trek bike helmets and other gear and equipment to make your ride comfortable
- Trek Travel water bottles
- Private tours
- Entrance fees to all group events/activities
- All luggage transfers
- All transportation during the trip, including private coaches
- Comprehensive trip literature and complimentary Trek merchandise
- All gratuities for special events, local guides, transfers, hotels, and restaurants
- $300 Discount on a 5 or 6 series Trek Domane or Madone, or Project One purchased at your local Trek retailer
- Airfare to and from the trip
- Transportation to the trip pick-up location
- Lodging before and after the trip
- Gratuities for Trek Travel guides
- Personal items purchased during the trip
- Some meals are not included in each destination, which allows you the opportunity to explore regional cuisine on your own. Your guides are happy to make recommendations should you so desire.
What is the weather going to be like?
Spring temperatures are usually cool with pleasant daytime temperatures (40F-60F) in France and Belgium, Spain can be slightly warmer. Warm layers and a waterproof shell are highly recommended.
What are the daily rides like?
|Rider Type | 3||Average Daily Mileage | 45
|Terrain | hilly & mountainous||Average Daily Elevation | 2,100|
On all of our vacations, Trek Travel strives to find quiet, paved secondary roads or bike paths to experience a region; busy roads are avoided as much as possible. Flanders & Roubaix is best suited for our Type 3 Riders. Our Trek Travel guides can also easily accommodate Type 2 Riders, who seek less mileage or fewer uphills, with a boost in the van. Those who wish to ride every mile but are concerned about their physical ability may want to try our electric bike option–you still get a workout but can climb alongside even the strongest rider. Type Riders will enjoy the extra mileage the avid route options offer. The terrain is varied with rolling plains through Flemish countryside to mountainous coastline in Mallorca followed the challenging famed cobbles of Roubaix. See Itinerary for specific daily ride distance and elevation options.
What are the options for a non-rider travel companion?
On most Trek Travel trips, we offer non-riding options for riders who want to take the afternoon off, or travel companions who want to spend little or no time in the saddle. Some of these options may need to be scheduled before your trip–please contact one of our Trip Consultants for more information. Expenses and/or related transportation to these activities may not be included in the trip price. See Included In The Trip Price for more information.
Some non-riding options on this trip are:
- Chocolate & Beer Tastings
- Visit the Flanders Museum
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Check out our General FAQs section. You will find answers to all the most common questions that don’t necessarily pertain to a specific trip.
|Flanders & Roubaix||Please contact us for more information.
Want to travel with your with friends, family, or colleagues? We can make any trip private. More»
Our dates don't fit your schedule? Use Travel Match and suggest your own date. More»
Wow’s From Our Guests & More Photos
When we asked our guests what their favorite WOW's were from their Flanders & Roubaix bike vacations, here is what they said…
The 97th Edition of the Tour of Flanders, followed by 4 days in stunning Mallorca, Spain for a Trek Travel Ride Camp and capping off the week with another stellar race experience, the Paris-Roubaix. What could be better? --Alyssa Sponaugle, Trip Designer