USPCC Colorado Race • West • North America
|Months||August | View Dates»|
|Price (USD)||From $3,799 | See Pricing»|
|Start & End||Aspen, Colorado | Vail, Colorado|
|Trip Length||6 days | 5 nights|
|Rider Type||4 | Learn More»|
|Daily Rides||Options from 13 - 111 miles|
|Beyond Biking||Ride Pro Race Course|
|Trip Options||Make it Private or Choose Your Own Date|
Colorado, the state where serious cycling began in the U.S., offers spectacular scenery, friendly people, fresh mountain air and a seriously awesome place to ride your bike! Begin your cycling vacation riding on treasured routes, tucked away outside the infamous town of Aspen, before experiencing your own Mountain Time Trial, only hours before the Pros rocket through! You’ll pedal your way toward Vail, where you’ll cycle classic alpine trails, graced with breathtaking scenery, before riding the Colorado classic, the famous Copper Triangle! Celebrate in Trek Travel style with two live race viewings and Team RADIOSHACK LEOPARD TREK access. The Rocky Mountains await!
- Feel the energy from the fans cheering you on as you tackle the routes only hours before the Pros
- Enjoy a front row seat to the action-packed finishes at both Aspen & Beaver Creek
- Ride a Colorado classic, the Copper Triangle, a 78-Mile course with an elevation gain of almost 6,000 feet over three mountain passes
- Immerse yourself in the magnificence of the Rocky Mountains in true Colorado style
- Receive a Bontrager LIVESTRONG kit and customized Road ID
Days 1 & 2 | Aspen
Stay at Mountain House Lodge
Climb to Maroon Bells, the most photographed peaks in all of North America | Ride the Aspen Time Trial only hours before the Pros | Enjoy Team RADIOSHACK LEOPARD TREK Access | Explore Aspen and all it has to offer
Days 3 - 5 | Vail
Stay at Tivoli Lodge
Ride the infamous Copper Triange | Enjoy VIP Passes to the Beaver Creek Race Finish | Cycle through spectacular scenery of canyons and peaks thousands of feet above | Wander the streets of Bavarian-style Vail Village | Treat your taste buds to Vail’s world-class dining experience
Mountain House Lodge | Aspen, Colorado
Surrounded by the majesty of the Rocky Mountains, the Mountain House Lodge welcomes you with rustic elegance and exceptional service. Located in the heart of the historic Downtown Aspen, only a few steps away from Aspen’s renowned shops, restaurants and world class cycling.
Tivoli Lodge | Vail, Colorado
Nestled in the heart of Vail Village is the recently rebuilt, family-owned Tivoli Lodge, a luxury ski resort known for years for providing friendly, caring, personal service. The new European-style architecture blends perfectly into the surrounding natural environment, with unobstructed views of Vail’s Golden Peak ski area and within steps of the new "Number One" gondola.
What’s Included in the Trip Price
- 5 nights of accommodation
- Daily breakfast, 3 lunches, 3 social hours, 3 dinners, and all snacks and drinks for each day
- The knowledge, support, and camaraderie of experienced guides
- Daily route support
- The use of a Trek Domane™ 5.9 carbon road bike, or Trek Domane™ 5.9 Women’s Specific Design carbon road bike (limited selection), or Trek 7.6 FX™ hybrid bike
- The use of Trek bike helmets and other gear and equipment to make your ride comfortable
- Trek Travel water bottles
- Private tours
- Entrance fees to all group events/activities
- All luggage transfers
- All transportation during the trip, including private coaches
- Comprehensive trip literature and complimentary Trek merchandise
- All gratuities for special events, local guides, transfers, hotels, and restaurants
- $300 Discount on a 5 or 6 series Trek Domane or Madone, or Project One purchased at your local Trek retailer
- Airfare to and from the trip
- Transportation to the trip pick-up location
- Lodging before and after the trip
- Gratuities for Trek Travel guides
- Personal items purchased during the trip
- Some meals are not included in each destination, which allows you the opportunity to explore regional cuisine on your own. Your guides are happy to make recommendations should you so desire.
What is the weather going to be like?
Dry heat characterizes the Rocky Mountain summers, with temperatures averaging in the very comfortable 70s-90s. Afternoon thunderstorms are common and the weather can often be unpredictable. We recommend light layers and a waterproof shell to ensure you can enjoy your vacation of a lifetime!
What are the daily rides like?
|Rider Type | 4||Average Daily Mileage | 60|
|Terrain | mountainous||Average Daily Elevation | 2,100|
On all of our vacations, Trek Travel strives to find quiet, paved secondary roads or bike paths to experience a region; busy roads are avoided as much as possible. USA Pro Cycling Challenge Colorado Race is best suited for our Type 4 Riders. Our Trek Travel guides can also easily accommodate Type 3 Riders, who seek less mileage or fewer uphills, with a boost in the van. Type 4 Riders will enjoy the extra mileage the avid route options offer. The terrain is varied with canyon climbing and mountainous terrain. Hills are generally gradual climbs but can be steep in places. See Itinerary for specific daily ride distance and elevation options.
What are the options for a non-rider travel companion?
On most Trek Travel trips, we offer non-riding options for riders who want to take the afternoon off, or travel companions who want to spend little or no time in the saddle. Some of these options may need to be scheduled before your trip–please contact one of our Trip Consultants for more information. Expenses and/or related transportation to these activities may not be included in the trip price. See Included In The Trip Price for more information.
Some non-riding options on this trip are:
- Wander the charming streets of Aspen and Vail, filled with fabulous boutique shopping
- Treat yourself to a day at a spa
- Enjoy one of the many hikes offered amongst the breathtaking peaks
- Explore local art galleries
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Check out our General FAQs section. You will find answers to all the most common questions that don’t necessarily pertain to a specific trip.
|USA Pro Cycling Challenge Colorado Race||Aug 18 - 23, 2013||$3,799 per person | $650 single sup.|
Want to travel with your with friends, family, or colleagues? We can make any trip private. More»
Our dates don't fit your schedule? Use Travel Match and suggest your own date. More»
Wow’s From Our Guests & More Photos
When we asked our guests what their favorite WOW's were from their USA Pro Cycling Challenge Colorado Race bike vacations, here is what they said…
A unique opportunity to challenge yourself and ride some of Colorado’s most treasured routes, just like the Pros, while feeling the the energy of the fans chanting and cheering you to the top —Alyssa Sponaugle, Trip Designer
Colorado was an awesome experience and I would recommend to anyone that wants beautiful scenery, a challenging adventure and great company. TREK TRAVEL did a wonderful job providing great guides,routes and challenges. Love the TREK CO trip. Can't wait to do it again! —Robbie
This was an absolutely amazing trip. Great guides. Lifetime memories. —Brent
Experience of a lifetime.—Tim