What To Pack?
Use this comprehensive packing list to make sure you bring just what you need for on and off the bike.
We want you to be prepared for your trip with Trek Travel. To help you, we have put together a packing list for your trip. We highly recommend you bring the items listed on our Packing List. Keep in mind that you will be active for a good portion of each day, so make sure you bring enough changes of clothing to suit your needs.
Staying Warm and Keeping Cool
We recommend layering as the best way to stay warm and keep cool. Though we can't guarantee perfect weather, we can guarantee that the sun may not always shine. To keep you protected from the elements and feeling cool on a hot day, always carry rain gear and start with a breathable synthetic shirt to layer under a vest, windbreaker, or fleece jacket. Avoid cotton fabrics while exercising--the absorbent qualities prevent wicking and insulate poorly when wet.
To ensure your comfort on the bike, it is important to wear the appropriate clothing. Padded shorts or cycling specific shorts are recommended to help prevent chafing and soreness after a long day in the saddle. As well, we encourage you to wear a cycling jersey or a breathable synthetic shirt. This will help wick moisture away from your skin and prevent you from becoming chilled or overheated.
Many people wonder if they should bring things like cycling gloves and cycling shoes. Gloves provide much-needed padding for your hands and will prevent them from getting sore and tired as the day goes on. Cycling shoes that come with cleats and special pedals should only be used if you have been riding with them on a regular basis and are comfortable using them on long riding days. We encourage you to take the time to learn how to ride with them before using them on your Trek Travel bike vacation.
North America | Asia Pacific | Latin America
Luxury: The evening activities on these trips revolve around a theme of casual elegance or business casual. Guests will not be required to have formal dress.
Explorer: The evening activities on this trip revolve around a theme of casual dress.
Luxury: Guests will not be required to have formal dress. Dinner jackets for men are optional. Certain trips do require men wear dinner jackets, this will be communicated in an email one week prior to the trip start.
Explorer: Most evening activities on this trip revolve around a theme of casual dress, however it is best to bring one outfit of casual elegance.
What is casual elegance?
For women, this theme can be defined as anything you might wear to work or for a night out on the town with the girls! Skirts, dresses, dress pants and elegant or funky tops are very acceptable. Tip from your guides—accessorize! Earrings and scarves take-up much less room than a entirely new outfit!
For men, this theme can be defined as anything you might wear for an afternoon at the country club. Khaki pants, dress pants, shirt with a collar (short or long sleeved) or polo shirts are acceptable. Jeans/sneakers/shorts/etc. are strongly discouraged as attire for evening meals on our Luxury trips. Our recommendations stem from a commitment to ensuring all of our guests feel comfortable in the restaurant venues we choose.
What is casual dress?
Clean and un-tattered jeans and shorts are acceptable attire on our Explorer trips.
- 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on per person
- Bathing suit
- Sweater/jacket for cool evenings
- Walking shorts
- Comfortable walking shoes/sandals
- Evening wear (consult your trip itinerary)
Cycling Clothing & Gear
To purchase suggested items below, please visit a Trek dealer near you. Find your nearest dealer.
- Cycling shorts | Bontrager RXL Bib | RXL Short | RXL WSD Short
- Cycling jersey or synthetic top | RXL SS Jersey | RXL WSD SS Jersey | Race LS Jersey | Race WSD LS Jersey
- Cycling socks | Bontrager RL Sock
- Cycling shoes and pedals | Bontrager RXL Road | RXL WSD Road; Street | Street WSD (either clipless with your own pedals or firm-soled shoes suitable for cycling)
- Cycling gloves | Bontrager Satellite Fusion GelFoam | Satellite Fusion GelFoam WSD
- Helmet–if you prefer your own | Trek Circuit | Circuit WSD
- Saddle–if you prefer your own
- Wind jacket | Bontrager Sport Packable Wind Jacket | Sport Packable WSD Wind Jacket
- Fleece jacket or warm vest/jacket
- Rain jacket and pants
- Full-finger, wind-resistant gloves
- Shoe covers--toe or full foot | Bontrager Sport Neoprene Toe Covers | Bontrager Race Waterproof Road Shoe Cover
- Arm and leg warmers | Bontrager Sport Arm Warmers | Sport Leg Warmers
- Required medications and their prescriptions
- Airline tickets
- Trek Travel Trip Itinerary
- International power adapter
- Power converter
Keeping Your Valuables Safe
Trek Travel will transport items such as mobile phones, cameras, jewelry and other valuables during the trip. However, Trek Travel is not responsible for any damage, malfunctioning, or loss of these or other valuable items brought from home or purchased on trip.