zNorth Carolina Road & MTB Long Weekend • East • North America
|Months||October | View Dates»|
|Price (USD)||Call for $ per person | See Pricing»|
|Start & End||Asheville, NC|
|Trip Length||4 days | 3 nights|
|Rider Type||3 | Learn More»|
|Daily Rides||Options from 15 - 60 miles|
|Beyond Biking||Hiking, Historical Site Visit, Shopping|
|Trip Options||Make It Private or Choose Your Own Date|
Nestled in the lovely Appalachian Mountains, the charming town of Brevard offers an ideal home base from which to try out the all new 2011 Trek bikes. With informative support from the Trek Demo Crew, you’ll enjoy four days of exceptional biking and gorgeous surroundings, as you test ride the best new bikes in the industry. Ride trails and mountain roads loved by cyclists around the country, as you soak up the lush landscape and countless waterfalls. Of course, this is Trek Travel—so the support and service will be extraordinary—at a price that’s a genuine value. Relax. Pedal. Enjoy. Leave all the details to Trek Travel, for an unforgettable long weekend that’s a great deal, on a great bike.
- Mountain bike on trails through rhododendron thickets, along clear streams, and under a canopy of hemlock branches
- Visit some of the famous waterfalls in DuPont State Forest on foot or by bike
- Challenge yourself with the road bike ride to Caesar's Head State Park, where the views make it worth the effort
- Enjoy culinary delights from two small, locally-owned restaurants in downtown Brevard
- Experience the burst of colors that accompanies fall in the southern Blue Ridge
Days 1 – 4 | Brevard
Stay at The Inn on Main Street
Mountain bike in beautiful Bent Creek Experimental Forest, a favorite of Asheville locals | Tackle the well-known Caesars Head Road Bike Loop | Ride the fun trails and slickrock of DuPont State Forest | Road bike on rolling valley roads past verdant farmland | Enjoy freshly prepared meals at locally owned, unique restaurants
The Inn at Brevard | Brevard, NC
Elegant and romantic New Orleans style bed and breakfast that is nestled in the scenic Blue Ridge Mountains and features six comfortably decorated and uniquely appointed guest rooms with all rooms including lovely antiques and private baths.
What’s Included in the Trip Price
- 3 nights of accommodation
- Daily breakfast, 3 lunches, 1 social hours, 2 dinners, and all snacks and drinks for each day
- The knowledge, support, and camaraderie of experienced guides
- Daily route support
- The use of a wide variety of 2011 high-end Trek and Gary Fisher road and mountain bikes
- The use of Trek bike helmets and other gear and equipment to make your ride comfortable
- Trek Travel water bottles
- Private tours
- Entrance fees to all group events/activities
- All luggage transfers
- All transportation during the trip, including private coaches
- Comprehensive trip literature and complimentary Trek merchandise
- All gratuities for special events, local guides, transfers, hotels, and restaurants
- $300 Discount on a 5 or 6 series Trek Madone purchase at your local Trek retailer
- Airfare to and from the trip
- Transportation to the trip pick-up location
- Lodging before and after the trip
- Gratuities for Trek Travel guides
- Personal items purchased during the trip
- Some meals are not included in each destination, which allows you the opportunity to explore regional cuisine on your own. Your guides are happy to make recommendations should you so desire.
What is the weather going to be like?
Spring in the mountains is always beautiful, but the weather is quite unpredictable. Guests should expect cool nights (possible lows in the upper 40s) and daytime highs in the 70s or 80s. Rain is also possible; guests should come prepared with wet-weather cycling clothes (jacket, arm/leg warmers, etc) and be prepared to dress in layers. With cool nighttime lows expected, a jacket/sweater is appropriate for the evening walks into downtown. During the fall, the weather is generally cooler with possible lows in the 30s and highs normally in the 60s. Rain is also a possibility. Check current weather forecast for details.
What are the daily rides like?
|Rider Type | 3
||Average Daily Mileage | 35|
|Terrain | hilly
||Average Daily Elevation | 500|
On all of our vacations, Trek Travel strives to find quiet, paved secondary roads or bike paths to experience a region; busy roads are avoided as much as possible. North Carolina Road & MTB is best suited for our Type 3 Riders. Our Trek Travel guides can also easily accommodate Type 2 Riders, who seek less mileage or fewer uphills, with a boost in the van. Those who wish to ride every mile but are concerned about their physical ability may want to try our electric bike option—you still get a workout but can climb alongside even the strongest rider. Type 4 Riders will enjoy the extra mileage the avid route options offer. The terrain is hilly, although some roads run through valleys and offer respites from climbing. On the mountain bike, you will be riding terrain that varies from gentle dirt roads to technical trails, with a variety of options available. See Itinerary for specific daily ride distance and elevation options.
What are the options for a non-rider travel companion?
On most Trek Travel trips, we offer non-riding options for riders who want to take the afternoon off, or travel companions who want to spend little or no time in the saddle. Some of these options may need to be scheduled before your trip—please contact one of our Trip Consultants for more information. Expenses and/or related transportation to these activities may not be included in the trip price. See Included In The Trip Price for more information.
Some non-riding options on this trip are:
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Check out our General FAQs section. You will find answers to all the most common questions that don’t necessarily pertain to a specific trip.
|North Carolina Road & MTB Long Weekend
||Please call for information
||Call for $ per person
Don’t see a date that works for your schedule? Learn how to pick your own date with Travel Match today!
Have a group of friends? Want to make this a corporate retreat? Learn more about our custom and group bike trips.
Wow’s From Our Guests & More Photos
See more photos from all our trips on Smugmug.com
See more photos from all our trips on Smugmug.com
When we asked our guests what their favorite WOW’s were from their North Carolina vacations, here is what they said…
Quality of the bikes. Tom's attention to our needs and perfecting the bikes fit and performance. Tom's knowledge of the area and willingness to show us all the sweetest trails.—Jonathan
The mountain biking was exceptional and everything I expected. I would like to do it again. Our guide Tom knew the area very well and with assistance from his wife brought us to trails that were great, challenging, beautiful and exciting. (loved it!!)—Gregg
The good weather, beautiful country and wonderful riders and staff.—Carol
Road bike on last day was amazing.—J.
Dave's crew of Chris, Janine and Tom were all very helpful and knowledgeable. A very good group of people.—Doug