z2012 Moab Road & MTB Long Weekend • Southwest • North America
|Months To Go
||October | View Dates»|
|Start & End||Grand Junction, Colorado|
|Trip Length||4 days | 3 nights|
|Rider Type||2&3 | Learn More»|
|Daily Rides||Options from 12 - 40 miles|
|Beyond Biking||Hiking, Historical Site Visit, Shopping|
|Trip Options||Make it Private or Choose Your Own Date|
Moab, Utah is world-renowned for mountain biking, but it offers a hidden gem when it comes to fabulous road riding. So, take a spin through the best of both worlds as you experience legendary mountain bike trails and winding roads with spectacular views. This long weekend bicycling trip offers a sneak peek at the latest technologies coming out of Trek Bicycle, and gives you the opportunity to test ride exceptional new models with the help of Trek's Demo experts. With one hotel serving as a comfortable home base, and the unparalleled support you've come to expect from Trek Travel, you'll experience four days of some of the world's best road and mountain biking and discover for yourself exactly what Trek Bikes were made for.
- Uncover the pages of history in deep canyons and dramatic red rock formations.
- The Moab palette is pretty sophisticated, offering everything from microbreweries to globally inspired gourmet cuisine.
- Relics of the ancient Anasazi and Fremont culture pepper the landscape in ruins, petroglyphs, and pictographs.
- Follow the path of legends and movie stars from Butch Casidy and the Sundance Kid, to John Wayne and Tom Cruise.
- Moab is a ragtag wild west town where weekend-warriors and adventurers mingle with ranchers, vintners, yoga teachers, and Native Americans.
|Click Below To Download|
Days 1 – 4 | Moab, Utah
Stay at The Gonzo Inn
Bicycle through Arches National Park | Hike to Delicate Arch | Ride famous mountain bike trails like Gemini Bridges, Porcupine Rim, and Slickrock | Demo new 2012 Trek bikes | Explore the funky desert town of Moab
The Gonzo Inn | Moab, UT
Located one block from Main Street in downtown Moab, the Gonzo Inn is a comfortable and trendy retreat and the perfect home base at the center of all of the trip rides and natural attractions.
What’s Included in the Trip Price
- 3 nights of accommodation
- Daily breakfast, 4 lunches, 2 social hours, 2 dinners, and all snacks and drinks for each day
- The knowledge, support, and camaraderie of experienced guides
- Daily route support
- The use of a The use of a wide variety of 2012 high-end Trek and Gary Fisher road and mountain bikes
- The use of Trek bike helmets and other gear and equipment to make your ride comfortable
- Trek Travel water bottles
- Private tours
- Entrance fees to all group events/activities
- All luggage transfers
- All transportation during the trip, including private coaches
- Comprehensive trip literature and complimentary Trek merchandise
- All gratuities for special events, local guides, transfers, hotels, and restaurants
- $300 Discount on a 5 or 6 series Trek Madone purchase at your local Trek retailer
- Airfare to and from the trip
- Transportation to the trip pick-up location
- Lodging before and after the trip
- Gratuities for Trek Travel guides
- Personal items purchased during the trip
- Some meals are not included in each destination, which allows you the opportunity to explore regional cuisine on your own. Your guides are happy to make recommendations should you so desire.
What is the weather going to be like?
Fall is the perfect time in Moab with daytime temperatures in the mid 60’s to 70’s. Evenings and mornings can be a little on the crisp side usually in the low to upper 40’s. Rain is rare in the high desert compared to other regions but October is the wettest month with an average of 1.3 inches for the month, and storms can be intense, so make sure to bring layers and your rain gear, just in case.
What are the daily rides like?
|Rider Type | 2&3||Average Daily Mileage | 30|
|Terrain | mountainous||Average Daily Elevation | 1,400|
On all of our vacations, Trek Travel strives to find quiet, paved secondary roads or bike paths to experience a region; busy roads are avoided as much as possible. Moab Road & MTB is best suited for our Type 2&3 Riders. Our Trek Travel guides can also easily accommodate Type 1 Riders, who seek less mileage or fewer uphills, with a boost in the van. Type 4 Riders will enjoy the extra mileage the avid route options offer. The terrain is varied on the road with long and rolling hills between the elevations of 3000 and 6000 feet. Mountain biking terrain consists of everything from wide open fire roads to technical rocky, sandy, and exposed single-track. While there are many challenging mountain bike options, there will always be more moderate options available for advanced novice mountain bikers. See Itinerary for specific daily ride distance and elevation options.
What are the options for a non-rider travel companion?
On most Trek Travel trips, we offer non-riding options for riders who want to take the afternoon off, or travel companions who want to spend little or no time in the saddle. Some of these options may need to be scheduled before your trip–please contact one of our Trip Consultants for more information. Expenses and/or related transportation to these activities may not be included in the trip price. See Included In The Trip Price for more information.
Some non-riding options on this trip are:
- Check out the eclectic shops of Moab
- Rent a jeep or join a Hummer tour to experience world-class four-wheel-drive trails
- Kayak, canoe, or raft on the Colorado River
- Hike through canyons in and around Arches and Canyonlands National Parks
- Hunt for petroglyphs and Native American Ruins
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Check out our General FAQs section. You will find answers to all the most common questions that don’t necessarily pertain to a specific trip.
|Moab Road & MTB Long Weekend||Please contact us for more information|
Want to travel with your with friends, family, or colleagues? We can make any trip private. More»
Our dates don't fit your schedule? Use Travel Match and suggest your own date. More»
Favorite WOW’s From Some Of Our Guests
When we asked our guests what their favorite WOW's were from their Moab Road & MTB vacations, here is what they said…
Epic road rides combined with classic mountain bike trails make this Moab Weekend an all-around cyclist’s dream! Throw in hiking at Arches National Park and you have a vacation of a lifetime.—Zack, Trip Designer