|Months||June, October | View Dates»|
|Price (USD)||From $3,999 | See Pricing»|
|Start & End||Santa Maria del Cami, Mallorca, Balearic Islands, Spain | Palma, Mallorca, Balearic Islands, Spain|
|Trip Length||6 days | 5 nights|
|Rider Type||3 | Learn More»|
|Daily Rides||Options from 8 - 66 miles|
|Beyond Biking||Cultural Tour, Wine Tasting, Scenic Train ride, Beach, Spa, Shopping, Ride Pro Race Course|
|Trip Options||Make it Private or Choose Your Own Date|
Mallorca is an enchanting island jewel that has captivated its visitors for centuries with an alluring mix of tradition and an eye on the future. Snow-capped mountains, fertile valleys and white sandy beaches alongside tranquil turquoise waters, stunning contemporary art and architecture, Mallorca is an island brimming with dramatic flavors and surprising contrasts. Blend all this with breathtaking bicycle routes and a proud Mallorcan people, passionate about wine, culinary excellence and family traditions for a truly unique cycling vacation.
- Descend alongside Sa Calobra, the second-deepest gorge in Europe to a stunning harbor, relax over lunch, then cruise back to your beach hotel by boat.
- Learn and taste the secrets of a local bodega's wine accompanied by a "Mallorquin" banquet prepared by an acclaimed local chef.
- Explore ancient villages along the coast.
- Discover Mallorca’s rich history, culture and traditions.
- Enjoy warm hospitality and tapas while the sun sets over the Mediterranean.
|Barcelona Add On Package
Days 1 & 2 | Tramuntana Mountains
Stay at Reads Hotel
Enjoy a private vineyard tour and tasting of local wines | Ride in the foothills of the Tramuntana mountains | Visit the 12th century Lluc monastery
Days 3 –6 | Port de Soller and the Tramuntana Coastline
Stay at Hotel Esplendido
Explore the historic towns of Soller, and Valldemossa I Ride along the Tramuntana coastline with breathtaking views of the Mediterranean Sea I Ride into the 2nd deepest gorge in Europe I Indulge in mouthwatering Mallorcan cuisine while watching the sun set into the Mediterranean
Barcelona Add On Package
Explore the city of Barcelona and let Trek Travel take care of the details. Purchase our exciting 3 day, 2 night add on package to enjoy before or after your trip.
Reads Hotel | Sant Maria del Cami, Mallorca
This magnificent and unique property perfectly reflects the owner’s philosophy that a hotel should be a theater of dreams and surprises. Situated at the foot of the breathtaking Tramuntana mountains, it is surrounded by landscaped gardens and its own vineyard. The internationally-renowned spa of the Reads hotel is a destination for many travelers.
Hotel Esplendido | Port de Soller, Mallorca
The historic Port de Soller is one of the only safe harbors along the rugged Tramuntana coastline. The Hotel Esplendido is a modern space recreated from a 50’s hotel, situated on the harbor at the base of the Tramuntana mountains. Enjoy the spacious common areas inside, breathe in the amazing views of the ocean, relax in the adults-only saltwater infinity pool overlooking the port, and pamper yourself in the contemporary and expansive spa.
What’s Included in the Trip Price
- 5 nights of accommodation
- Daily breakfast, 3 lunches, 3 social hours, 4 dinners, and all snacks and drinks for each day
- The knowledge, support, and camaraderie of experienced guides
- Daily route support
- The use of a Trek Domane™ 5.9 carbon road bike, or Trek Domane™ 5.9 Women’s Specific Design carbon road bike (limited selection), or Trek 7.6 FX™ hybrid bike
- The use of Trek bike helmets and other gear and equipment to make your ride comfortable
- Trek Travel water bottles
- Private tours
- Entrance fees to all group events/activities
- All luggage transfers
- All transportation during the trip, including private coaches
- Comprehensive trip literature and complimentary Trek merchandise
- All gratuities for special events, local guides, transfers, hotels, and restaurants
- $300 Discount on a 5 or 6 series Trek Domane or Madone, or Project One purchased at your local Trek retailer
- Airfare to and from the trip
- Transportation to the trip pick-up location
- Lodging before and after the trip
- Gratuities for Trek Travel guides
- Personal items purchased during the trip
- Some meals are not included in each destination, which allows you the opportunity to explore regional cuisine on your own. Your guides are happy to make recommendations should you so desire.
What is the weather going to be like?
The fall in Mallorca brings optimal riding temperatures (65F-75F) with evening temperatures dropping 5-10 degrees. Being an island, Mallorcan weather can be unpredictable at times and the island can experience odd rain showers and coastal winds. It is advisable to bring warm layers and rain gear.
What are the daily rides like?
|Rider Type | 3||Average Daily Mileage | 35|
|Terrain | hilly||Average Daily Elevation | 3,100|
On all of our vacations, Trek Travel strives to find quiet, paved secondary roads or bike paths to experience a region; busy roads are avoided as much as possible. Mallorca Beach is best suited for our Type 3 Riders. Our Trek Travel guides can also easily accommodate Type 2 Riders, who seek less mileage or fewer uphills, with a boost in the van. Those who wish to ride every mile but are concerned about their physical ability may want to try our electric bike option–you still get a workout but can climb alongside even the strongest rider. Type 4 Riders will enjoy the extra mileage the avid route options offer. The terrain is varied with rolling plains and hilly coastline. Mountain climbs generally are a steady grade, but can be steep in places. See Itinerary for specific daily ride distance and elevation options.
What are the options for a non-rider travel companion?
On most Trek Travel trips, we offer non-riding options for riders who want to take the afternoon off, or travel companions who want to spend little or no time in the saddle. Some of these options may need to be scheduled before your trip–please contact one of our Trip Consultants for more information. Expenses and/or related transportation to these activities may not be included in the trip price. See Included In The Trip Price for more information.
Some non-riding options on this trip are:
- Relax and rejuvenate at the Vespesian Spa at Reads Hotel
- Local winery tours
- Hiking in the Tramuntana mountains
- Swim in the crystalline blue waters of the Mediterranean
- Wander in the medieval villages of the Tramuntana coast
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Check out our General FAQs section. You will find answers to all the most common questions that don’t necessarily pertain to a specific trip.
|Mallorca Beach 2013
||Jun 3-8, 2013||Limited Availability
||$3,999 per person | $950 single occ.|
|Jun 10-15, 2013||Guaranteed Date*||$3,999 per person | $950 single occ.|
|Oct 7-12, 2003||Guaranteed Date*||$3,999 per person | $950 single occ.|
|Oct 14-19, 2013||Guaranteed Date*||$3,999 per person | $950 single occ.|
|Oct 21-26, 2013||Guaranteed Date*||$3,999 per person | $950 single occ.|
|Mallorca Beach 2014||May 25-30, 2014||$3,999 per person | $950 single occ.|
|Jun 1-6, 2014||$3,999 per person | $950 single occ.|
|Jun 8-13, 2014||$3,999 per person | $950 single occ.|
|Jun 15-20, 2014||$3,999 per person | $950 single occ.|
|Jun 22-27, 2014||$3,999 per person | $950 single occ.|
|Jun 29-Jul 4, 2014||$3,999 per person | $950 single occ.|
|Aug 31-Sep 5, 2014||$3,999 per person | $950 single occ.|
|Sep 7-12, 2014||$3,999 per person | $950 single occ.|
|Sep 14-19, 2014||$3,999 per person | $950 single occ.|
|Sep 21-26, 2014||$3,999 per person | $950 single occ.|
|Sep 28-Oct 3, 2014||$3,999 per person | $950 single occ.|
|Oct 5-10, 2014||$3,999 per person | $950 single occ.|
|Oct 12-17, 2014||$3,999 per person | $950 single occ.|
|Oct 19-24, 2014||$3,999 per person | $950 single occ.|
|Barcelona Add On Package||Pre/Post Trip||$899 per person|
Want to travel with your with friends, family, or colleagues? We can make any trip private. More»
Our dates don't fit your schedule? Use Travel Match and suggest your own date. More»
*Our 2013 trips are guaranteed to run once we have one confirmed booking on the trip. Trek Travel reserves the right to cancel trips with zero guests, therefore you must book with Trek Travel before making travel arrangments for the trip. We are not responsible for travel arrangements made prior to confirming your Trek Travel Trip. Guaranteed trips do not include Cross Country, Santa Barbara to Taos, Pyrenees Sea to Sea, or any Race trips.
Wow’s From Our Guests & More Photos
When we asked our guests what their favorite WOW's were from their Mallorca bike vacations, here is what they said…
The charming village of the Port of Soller, nestled between the foothills of the Tramauntana mountains and the Mediterranean Sea, captures the essence of Mallorca. —Penny Gatward, Trip Designer