|Months To Go||July | View Dates»|
|Price (USD)||From $3,999 | See Pricing»|
|Start & End||Annecy, France
|Trip Length||5 days | 4 nights
|Rider Type||4 | Learn More»|
|Daily Rides||Options from 18 - 87 miles|
|Beyond Biking||Ride Pro Race Course|
|Trip Options||Make It Private or Choose Your Own Date|
With Trek Travel as an Official Tour Operator for the Etape du Tour you can experience a day in the life of a pro and ride an entire stage of the 2013 Tour de France. Our partnership with Trek Bikes, an official sponsor of the race, puts Trek Travel in a unique position to deliver the industry's best support along the route. All you have to do is ride and leave the rest to us!
- Guaranteed entry to the Etape du Tour.
- Ride a fully-fitted Trek Domane carbon fiber road bike with DI2 electronic shifting.
- The very best private support available from our professional mechanics and guide team.
- Strategically located private rest stops allow you to enjoy more continuous riding.
- Celebrate in style at our private finish line party!
Days 1 – 3 | Annecy
Stay at Le Palace de Menthon
Prepare for your challenge in the foothills of the Alps | Enjoy the sweeping views of Alpine peaks and beautiful Lake Annecy | Receive your guaranteed Etape du Tour race entry and explore the event expo village in Albertville
Days 4 & 5 | Annecy
Stay at Le Palace de Menthon
Participate in the Etape du Tour and ride an entire stage of the Tour de France on this bike tour | Refuel at private rest stops along race route | Climb some of the famous 2013 TDF Alps ascents – Col de Leschaux, Mont Revard and the final climb, Mont Semnoz. Phew! | Return to your lakeside hotel for one heck of a celebration!
Trek Travel Difference
Etape du Tour Official Operator
- Guaranteed race entry
- Enjoy private rest stops along the race route with a range of food and energy products to fuel your ride
- Benefit from our unrivaled support both before and during the race route support
- Feast on our famous finale picnic feast in the race village
- Race day transportation
- We provide the widest selection of high-tech race ready bikes and gear to ensure you have the best and lightest ride
- Use of Trek 5.9 Domane full carbon road bike with Di2 electronic shifting is included in the price of your trip
- Options to upgrade your ride to a lighter OCLV Madone 6.5 or a set of Aeolus 3 D3 Carbon wheels
- Our highly trained guides, combined with a broad selection of stems, saddles, seat posts and other equipment ensure your bike is fit to you
Le Palace de Menthon | Menthon, France
This château-like hotel is ideally located between the lake and the mountains. Le Palace de Menthon sits on the shores of Lake Annecy, considered the cleanest lake in France and directly beneath the Col de la Forclaz. It is a perfect location to base yourself for L' Etape du Tour.
What’s Included in the Trip Price
- 4 nights of accommodation
- Daily breakfast, 2 social hours, 3 dinners, and all snacks and drinks for each day
- The knowledge, support, and camaraderie of experienced guides
- Daily route support
- The use of a Trek Domane 5.9 carbon road bike, or Trek Domane 5.9 Women’s Specific Design carbon road bike (limited selection)
- The use of Trek bike helmets and other gear and equipment to make your ride comfortable
- Trek Travel water bottles
- Private tours
- Entrance fees to all group events/activities
- All luggage transfers
- All transportation during the trip, including private coaches
- Comprehensive trip literature and complimentary Trek merchandise
- All gratuities for special events, local guides, transfers, hotels, and restaurants
- $300 Discount on a 5 or 6 series Trek Domane or Madone, or Project One purchased at your local Trek retailer
- Airfare to and from the trip
- Transportation to the trip pick-up location
- Lodging before and after the trip
- Gratuities for Trek Travel guides
- Personal items purchased during the trip
- Some meals are not included in each destination, which allows you the opportunity to explore regional cuisine on your own. Your guides are happy to make recommendations should you so desire.
What is the weather going to be like?
The summer months in the Alps and Gran Massif can bring warm days, ranging from the mid 60s to mid 80s, with evenings dropping to the mid 50s to mid 60s. When traveling in the Alps, it is best to be prepared for variable conditions, as weather can change very quickly. We recommend always traveling with rain gear, as well as breathable layers, to provide warmth when the temperature drops.
What are the daily rides like?
|Rider Type | 4||Average Daily Mileage | 50
|Terrain | mountainous||Average Daily Elevation | 2,400
On all of our vacations, Trek Travel strives to find quiet, paved secondary roads or bike paths to experience a region; busy roads are avoided as much as possible. Etape du Tour is best suited for our Type 4 Riders. Our Trek Travel guides can also easily accommodate Type 3 Riders, who seek less mileage or fewer uphills, with a boost in the van.Type 4+ Riders will enjoy the extra mileage the avid route options offer. The terrain is See Itinerary for specific daily ride distance and elevation options.
What are the options for a non-rider travel companion?
This destination is best suited to guests who want to cycle every day. Because of the terrain and/or remoteness of the hotels and riding routes, there are few, if any, non-riding options available. If a non-rider wants to accompany a rider guest on this trip, they would need to spend many hours in the van and/or at the hotels on the trip. Due to this, we strongly discourage non-riders from this destination.
How do I train for my trip?
We work with Vision Quest Training to give you that little boost before your Trek Travel bike trip. Vision Quest offers custom training plans that will get you ready to tackle your trip with confidence. The coaches consider the amount of hours you can train per week, what you need to focus on based on your goals and milestones you need to hit in order to achieve them. They develop a detailed write up and training plan just for you!
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Check out our General FAQs section. You will find answers to all the most common questions that don’t necessarily pertain to a specific trip.
|Etape du Tour
||Jul 4-8, 2013
||Sold Out||$3,999 per person | $750 single occ.|
|Etape du Tour Ride Entry Fee Only||Jul 7, 2013||Sold Out||$400 per person|
Want to travel with your with friends, family, or colleagues? We can make any trip private. More»
Our dates don't fit your schedule? Use Travel Match and suggest your own date. More»
Wow’s From Our Guests & More Photos
When we asked our guests what their favorite WOW’s were from their Etape du Tour vacations, here is what they said…
There may be other tour operators providing L'etape entries, but I highly doubt they can boast guest starting positions anywhere equal to that of Trek Travel's.—Peter
Etape - fantastic.—Ed
The whole trip was well organized and executed. The routes, accommodations and food was phenomenal.—Anthony
The event itself was amazing but the professional guiodes, pre-event rides and organization was first class.—Ed
A 10/10 experience.—Mark