Croatia & Dalmatian Coast • Greater Europe • Europe
|Months||May, June, September, October | View Dates»|
|Price (USD)||From $4,399 | See Pricing»|
|Start & End||Dubrovnik, Croatia | Split, Croatia|
|Trip Length||6 days | 5 nights|
|Rider Type||2 | Learn More»|
|Daily Rides||Options from 12 - 64 miles|
|Beyond Biking||Hiking, Kayaking, Historical Site Visit, Cultural Tour, Wine Tasting, Boat Cruise, Shopping|
|Trip Options||Make it Private or Choose Your Own Date|
Take a bicycle tour along the Dalmatian Coast, where the clear blue waters of the Adriatic Sea offer an ever-present and inspiring view. From the start, you"ll lose your heart to captivating, historic Dubrovnik, whose centuries-old city walls and fortresses surround an enchanting, romantic Old Town along the way to the unforgettable port of Split, you"ll head to sun-kissed islands and ride along ancient stone terraces carpeted in lavender. Enjoy the unspoiled beaches of Korçula, discover tiny hamlets ringed by olive trees and vineyards, and explore deserted coves near chic, glamorous Hvar Town.
- Discover the brilliant blue Adriatic Sea along the sparkling sands of Dalmatian coast by both bike and boat.
- Savor the world's best seafood, fresh from the Adriatic and wonderfully prepared.
- Explore the seven century old walls of the fortress of Hvar and delight in the port’s scenic natural bay.
- Take in the ancient ruins and UNESCO World Heritage site in the bustling city of Dubrovnik.
- Delight in the warm hospitality of the welcoming Croatian people and their proud and timeless traditions.
Day 1 | Dubrovnik
Stay at Bellevue Hotel Dubrovnik
Discover the walled old town on a guided walking tour | Enjoy social hour and dinner together as we discuss the week ahead
Days 2 & 3 | Korçula
Stay at Lesic Dimitri Palace
Explore the ancient walls of the village of Ston, the longest in Europe! | Cycle the beautiful PeljeÅ¡ac Peninsula | Ride on the Island of Korçula | Feast on a private catered dinner at our Palace
Days 4 – 6 | Hvar & Split
Stay at Hotel Adriana
Ride past vineyards, olive groves, small villages and hamlets toward Vela Luka | Traverse quiet roads alongside ancient stone walls blooming with lavender and wildflowers | Ascend Hvar’s central limestone ridge and immerse yourself in 360 degree views of blue sky, blue sea and green mountains | Choose to paddle a kayak through small coves, stopping for a swim along the way | Explore medieval Hvar Town before saying goodbye | Take the ferry to Split
Bellevue Hotel Dubrovnik | Dubrovnik, Croatia
This hotel showcases views of the pristine Adriatic Sea nearly 100 feet above the Miramare Bay and is in walking distance to the Old Town. Enjoy breakfast on the terrace overlooking the Bay.
Lesic Dimitri Palace | Korcula, Croatia
The second hotel on your Croatia and the Dalmatian Coast trip is the Lesic Dimitri Palace, a recently renovated 18th century Bishop's palace tucked away in the winding alleyways and next to Marco Polo's home in Korçula Town. On your first night there, you will enjoy a privately catered dinner in one of the apartments. It is a unique hotel in that it is comprised of six luxurious apartments situated in an 18th century bishop's palace and five medieval cottages. All but two apartments have more than one bedroom; so you will likely share some common space with some of your fellow travelers, such as a large living area and dining room. Nearly all bedrooms have their own bath facilities, however one bedroom in each apartment may have its toilet within the shared common space.
Hotel Adriana | Hvar, Croatia
The Adriana, Croatia's first and only member of Leading Small Hotels of the World, offers trendy, chic, well-appointed luxury rooms and a full spa. Located on the harbor, its rooftop terrace features a heated indoor-outdoor saltwater pool, the sky bar and views of the Cathedral in Hvar Town and the Venetian Piazza.
What’s Included in the Trip Price
- 5 nights of accommodation
- Daily breakfast, 4 lunches, 3 social hours, 4 dinners, and all snacks and drinks for each day
- The knowledge, support, and camaraderie of experienced guides
- Daily route support
- The use of a Trek Domane™ 5.9 carbon road bike, or Trek Domane™ 5.9 Women’s Specific Design carbon road bike (limited selection), or Trek 7.6 FX™ hybrid bike
- The use of Trek bike helmets and other gear and equipment to make your ride comfortable
- Trek Travel water bottles
- Private tours
- Entrance fees to all group events/activities
- All luggage transfers
- All transportation during the trip, including private coaches
- Comprehensive trip literature and complimentary Trek merchandise
- All gratuities for special events, local guides, transfers, hotels, and restaurants
- $300 Discount on a 5 or 6 series Trek Domane or Madone, or Project One purchased at your local Trek retailer
- Airfare to and from the trip
- Transportation to the trip pick-up location
- Lodging before and after the trip
- Gratuities for Trek Travel guides
- Personal items purchased during the trip
- Some meals are not included in each destination, which allows you the opportunity to explore regional cuisine on your own. Your guides are happy to make recommendations should you so desire.
What is the weather going to be like?
In September and October, the Croatian coast enjoys a warm, Mediterranean climate. Expect average daily temperatures to range from a low of 68 to a high of 78, with generally sunny days. Rain is always a possibility, so be prepared with layers.
What are the daily rides like?
|Rider Type | 2||Average Daily Mileage | 35|
|Terrain | hilly||Average Daily Elevation | 2,900|
On all of our vacations, Trek Travel strives to find quiet, paved secondary roads or bike paths to experience a region; busy roads are avoided as much as possible. Croatia & Dalmatian Coast is best suited for our Type 2 Riders. Our Trek Travel guides can also easily accommodate Type 1 Riders, who seek less mileage or fewer uphills, with a boost in the van. Those who wish to ride every mile but are concerned about their physical ability may want to try our electric bike option–you still get a workout but can climb alongside even the strongest rider. Type 3 Riders will enjoy the extra mileage the avid route options offer. The terrain is a mix of rocky coastline, plains, and hills. The winding roads offer some gorgeous views! See Itinerary for specific daily ride distance and elevation options.
What are the options for a non-rider travel companion?
On most Trek Travel trips, we offer non-riding options for riders who want to take the afternoon off, or travel companions who want to spend little or no time in the saddle. Some of these options may need to be scheduled before your trip–please contact one of our Trip Consultants for more information. Expenses and/or related transportation to these activities may not be included in the trip price. See Included In The Trip Price for more information.
Some non-riding options on this trip are:
- Cruise the dazzling Adriatic Sea by boat
- Swim and relax on the beach
- Enjoy a walking tour of historic Dubrovnik, UNESCO World Heritage site
- Kayak in secluded coves
- Indulge in optional beauty or massage services at the glamorous spa at Hotel Adriana
- Shop at chic boutiques in Hvar Town
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Check out our General FAQs section. You will find answers to all the most common questions that don’t necessarily pertain to a specific trip.
|Croatia & Dalmatian Coast 2013
||Sep 29-Oct 4, 2013||Sold Out||$4,399 per person | $950 single sup.|
|Oct 6-11, 2013||Guaranteed Date*||$4,399 per person | $950 single sup.|
|Oct 13-18, 2013||Sold Out||$4,399 per person | $950 single sup.|
|Croatia & Dalmatian Coast 2014||May 11-16, 2014||$4,399 per person | $950 single sup.|
|May 18-23, 2014||$4,399 per person | $950 single sup.|
|May 25-30, 2014||$4,399 per person | $950 single sup.|
|Jun 1-6, 2014||$4,399 per person | $950 single sup.|
|Jun 8-13, 2014||$4,399 per person | $950 single sup.|
|Aug 31-Sep 5, 2014||$4,399 per person | $950 single sup.|
|Sep 7-12, 2014||$4,399 per person | $950 single sup.|
|Sep 14-19, 2014||$4,399 per person | $950 single sup.|
|Sep 21-26, 2014||$4,399 per person | $950 single sup.|
|Sep 28-Oct 3, 2014||$4,399 per person | $950 single sup.|
|Oct 5-10, 2014||$4,399 per person | $950 single sup.|
Want to travel with your with friends, family, or colleagues? We can make any trip private. More»
Our dates don't fit your schedule? Use Travel Match and suggest your own date. More»
*Our 2013 trips are guaranteed to run once we have one confirmed booking on the trip. Trek Travel reserves the right to cancel trips with zero guests, therefore you must book with Trek Travel before making travel arrangments for the trip. We are not responsible for travel arrangements made prior to confirming your Trek Travel Trip. Guaranteed trips do not include Cross Country, Santa Barbara to Taos, Pyrenees Sea to Sea, or any Race trips.
Wow’s From Our Guests & More Photos
When we asked our guests what their favorite WOW's were from their Croatia & Dalmatian Coast bike vacations, here is what they said…
Cycle on the most captivating islands off the Dalmatian coast then cruise between them on the crystalline Adriatic. Begin your week in Dubrovnik, the most dazzlingly preserved romantic Old Town, and end it in Hvar, the most cosmopolitan city in Croatia.—Meagan, Trip Designer
Croatia is a beautiful country, but the moment we rolled in (or boated in) to Hvar city I was definitely wow-ed by its beauty. Picturesque!!—Allison
Croatia was fantastic - beautiful country, Old World appeal, interesting ancient history, challenging biking, charming harbor towns, uncrowded, refreshing swims - all of which contributed to a memorable and top notch trip.—Madonna