z2011 Classic Climbs of Santa Barbara • West Coast • North America
|Months||August, October | View Dates»|
|Price (USD)||Call for $ per person | See Pricing»|
|Start & End||Santa Barbara, CA|
|Trip Length||6 days | 5 nights|
|Rider Type||4 | Learn More»|
|Daily Rides||Options from 16 - 57 miles|
|Beyond Biking||Beach, Shopping, Ride Pro Race Course|
|Trip Options||Make It Private or Choose Your Own Date|
Trek Travel’s bike tour of California’s South Central Coast is a cyclist’s dream, offering a perfect blend of classic routes, luxurious hotels, and exquisite food and wine. From epic climbs up Mt. Figueroa in the Santa Ynez Mountains, to magical rides along the Pacific Ocean and into elegant Santa Barbara, you are sure to challenge yourself by day, while pampering yourself at night in this North American cycling mecca.
- Epic climbs like Mt Figueroa and Gibraltor.
- Scenic roads among the vineyards and ranches of Santa Ynez.
- Fun in the sun along the coast in Santa Barbara.
- Old world Spanish adobe missions.
- Savor Central Coast’s delectable meals with coastal fresh fish and local wines.
Days 1 – 3 | Solvang
Stay at Hotel Corque
Enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch in ranch country | Ride among the rolling hills and vineyards in the Santa Ynez Valley | Challenge yourself up the mythic Figueroa Mountain, often used by pro teams for spring training | Explore the shops and tasting rooms of the quaint Danish town of Solvang
Days 4 – 6 | Santa Barbara
Stay at Hotel Santa Barbara
Ride along the Central Coast on the Pacific Coast Highway | Conquer the giant of Gibraltar, seemingly jutting out of the Pacific | Visit the elegant boutiques on Santa Barbara's quaint State Street | Cycle through the foothills of the Santa Ynez Mountains with stunning ocean views
Hotel Corque | Solvang, CA
A uniquely modern and elegant boutique hotel in the heart of Solvang. Close proximity to shopping, restaurants and all the Danish town of Solvang has to offer. Recently remodeled by it’s owner and led by renowned architect David Bury.
Hotel Santa Barbara | Santa Barbara, CA
A charming Santa Barbara hotel located in the heart of downtown on State Street. Experience world-class shopping, fine dining, cultural venues, superb entertainment, great beaches, and so much more—all within walking distance of the front doors.
What’s Included in the Trip Price
- 5 nights of accommodation
- Daily breakfast, 3 lunches, 3 social hours, 3 dinners, and all snacks and drinks for each day
- The knowledge, support, and camaraderie of experienced guides
- Daily route support
- The use of a Trek Madone™ 5.2 carbon road bike, or Trek Madone™ 5.1 Women’s Specific Design carbon road bike (limited selection), or Trek 7.7 FX™ hybrid bike
- The use of Trek bike helmets and other gear and equipment to make your ride comfortable
- Trek Travel water bottles
- Private tours
- Entrance fees to all group events/activities
- All luggage transfers
- All transportation during the trip, including private coaches
- Comprehensive trip literature and complimentary Trek merchandise
- All gratuities for special events, local guides, transfers, hotels, and restaurants
- Airfare to and from the trip
- Transportation to the trip pick-up location
- Lodging before and after the trip
- Gratuities for Trek Travel guides
- Personal items purchased during the trip
- Some meals are not included in each destination, which allows you the opportunity to explore regional cuisine on your own. Your guides are happy to make recommendations should you so desire.
What is the weather going to be like?
Santa Barbara enjoys 310 days of sunshine annually. You can expect temperatures to range from 60-75 degrees during the day and 45-50 degrees at night. Rain is rare, but there is always a chance. Morning fog while on the coast generally causes cooler temperatures until it burns off.
What are the daily rides like?
|Rider Type | 4||Average Daily Mileage | 35|
|Terrain | mountainous||Average Daily Elevation | 2,335|
On all of our vacations, Trek Travel strives to find quiet, paved secondary roads or bike paths to experience a region; busy roads are avoided as much as possible. Classic Climbs of Santa Barbara is best suited for our Type 4 Riders. Our Trek Travel guides can also easily accommodate Type 3 Riders, who seek less mileage or fewer uphills, with a boost in the van. Type 4 Riders will enjoy the extra mileage the avid route options offer. The terrain is highlighted by rolling roads with some long climbs, not to mention amazing views of the surrounding area. The varied hills and valleys of Santa Barbara County make for very enjoyable riding, but this is an avid riding trip with some very difficult long climbs. The weather can also play into the rides, as it can be quite warm and exposed on certain days. There is a reason pros train on these storied mountains - please prepare yourself. See Itinerary for specific daily ride distance and elevation options.
What are the options for a non-rider travel companion?
This destination is best suited to guests who want to cycle every day. Because of the terrain and/or remoteness of the hotels and riding routes, there are few, if any, non-riding options available. If a non-rider wants to accompany a rider guest on this trip, they would need to spend many hours in the van and/or at the hotels on the trip. Due to this, we strongly discourage non-riders from this destination.
As an alternative, call a Trek Travel Trip Consultant at 866.464.8735 for trip suggestions where more non-rider activities are available, such as Santa Barbara Wine Country, New Mexico, or Califronia Wine Country.
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Check out our General FAQs section. You will find answers to all the most common questions that don’t necessarily pertain to a specific trip.
|Classic Climbs of Santa Barbara
||Please contact us for information
||Call for $ per person
Don’t see a date that works for your schedule? Learn how to pick your own date with Travel Match today!
Have a group of friends? Want to make this a corporate retreat? Learn more about our custom and group bike trips.
Wow’s From Our Guests & More Photos
See more photos from all our trips on Smugmug.com
See more photos from all our trips on Smugmug.com
When we asked our guests what their favorite WOW’s were from their Classic Climbs of Santa Barbara vacations, here is what they said…
Unbelievable riding, fabulous scenery, exquisite meals, boutique wines, and luxurious hotels combine in Santa Barbara. This region "wows" me every time I come back for all of these reasons! —Mark Thomsen, Trip Designer