|Start & End||Estellencs, Mallorca, Balearic Islands, Spain | Port de Soller, Mallorca, Balearic Islands, Spain|
|Trip Length||6 days | 5 nights|
|Rider Type||3 | Learn More»|
|Daily Rides||Options from 15 - 61 miles|
|Beyond Biking||Hiking, Historical Site Visit, Cultural Tour, Wine Tasting, Scenic Train Ride, Beach, Spa, Shopping, Ride Pro Race Course|
|Trip Options||Make it Private or Choose Your Own Date|
Imagine an island jewel of snow-capped mountains, white sandy beaches awash with an azure blue sea. Now, imagine a cycling vacation where you explore an avant-garde European culture and a proud people, passionate about wine, culinary excellence and family traditions—and you have Mallorca! With quiet country roads leading from a spectacular coastline up to the peaks, valleys and gorges of the Tramuntana Mountain range, your bicycling tour of Mallorca offers breathtaking cycling with a beautiful and stunning backdrop. Little wonder this Mediterranean gem has become a world renowned cyclist’s paradise.
- Conquer the highest cols of the Tramauntana mountain range, the training ground of the pros.
- Savor a "paella" by the shores of the azure blue Mediterranean Sea.
- Enjoy the stories of our local guide and vintner, Tolo, as he introduces you to local village life.
- Wander the seaside villages, which hang to the cliffs of the Tramauntana coastline.
- Relish the flavors of the cobbled streets of Estellencs in a local bar.
Days 1 & 2 | Tramauntana coastline
Stay at Hotel Maristel
Ride through the Tramauntana mountains | Climb the Col de Soller, a favored climb of the Vuelta de Mallorca l Stunning cliff top rides overlooking the Mediterranean sea l Indulge in the local "mar y montana" cuisine l Tasting of local wines
Days 3 – 6 | Port de Soller and the Tramauntana mountains
Stay at Hotel Esplendido
Climb the highest peak on the island, Puig Major l Explore the historic towns of Deia and Valdemossa l Ride into the 2nd deepest gorge in Europe l Fresh local seafood in the Historic Port Town of Soller I Experience the training ground of the pro’s
Hotel Maristel | Estellencs, Mallorca
Set on the slopes of Mount Galatzo, with its stone streets and steep terraced slopes leading down in to the crystal blue Mediterranean Sea, Estellencs preserves all the charm of Mallorca. Amidst the Tramauntana mountains and in the centre of the village, we stay in the delightful Hotel Maristel.
Hotel Esplendido | Port de Soller, Mallorca
The medieval Port of Soller is one of the only safe harbours along the rugged Tramauntana coastline. The Hotel Esplendido is a modern vintage hotel, situated on the golden sands of the harbour and at the base of the Tramauntana mountains.
What’s Included in the Trip Price
- 5 nights of accommodation
- Daily breakfast, 3 lunches, 2 social hours, 3 dinners, and all snacks and drinks for each day
- The knowledge, support, and camaraderie of experienced guides
- Daily route support
- The use of a Trek Madone™ 5.2 carbon road bike, or Trek Madone™ 5.2 Women’s Specific Design carbon road bike (limited selection), or Trek 7.7 FX™ hybrid bike
- The use of Trek bike helmets and other gear and equipment to make your ride comfortable
- Trek Travel water bottles
- Private tours
- Entrance fees to all group events/activities
- All luggage transfers
- All transportation during the trip, including private coaches
- Comprehensive trip literature and complimentary Trek merchandise
- All gratuities for special events, local guides, transfers, hotels, and restaurants
- $300 Discount on a 5 or 6 series Trek Madone purchase at your local Trek retailer
- Airfare to and from the trip
- Transportation to the trip pick-up location
- Lodging before and after the trip
- Gratuities for Trek Travel guides
- Personal items purchased during the trip
- Some meals are not included in each destination, which allows you the opportunity to explore regional cuisine on your own. Your guides are happy to make recommendations should you so desire.
What is the weather going to be like?
Springtime brings greener hills and optimal riding temperatures (55F-65F) with evening temperatures dropping 5-10 degrees cooler. The fall is drier and warmer (65F-75F). Being an island, Mallorcan weather can be unpredictable at times and the island can experience odd rain showers and coastal winds. It is advisable to bring warm layers and rain gear.
What are the daily rides like?
|Rider Type | 3||Average Daily Mileage | 40|
|Terrain | mountainous||Average Daily Elevation | 3,790|
On all of our vacations, Trek Travel strives to find quiet, paved secondary roads or bike paths to experience a region; busy roads are avoided as much as possible. Classic Climbs of Mallorca is best suited for our Type 3 Riders. Our Trek Travel guides can also easily accommodate Type 2 Riders, who seek less mileage or fewer uphills, with a boost in the van. Type 4 Riders will enjoy the extra mileage the avid route options offer. The terrain is challenging with mountain peaks, coastal hills and deep gorges. Climbs are beautiful but can be long. These rides are designed for cyclists who like to ride long miles and are comfortable descending narrow roads. See Itinerary for specific daily ride distance and elevation options.
What are the options for a non-rider travel companion?
This destination is best suited to guests who want to cycle every day. Because of the terrain and/or remoteness of the hotels and riding routes, there are few, if any, non-riding options available. If a non-rider wants to accompany a rider guest on this trip, they would need to spend many hours in the van and/or at the hotels on the trip. Due to this, we strongly discourage non-riders from this destination.
As an alternative, call a Trek Travel Trip Consultant at 866.464.8735 for trip suggestions where more non-rider activities are available, such as:
How do I train for my trip?
We work with Vision Quest Training to give you that little boost before your Trek Travel bike trip. Vision Quest offers custom training plans that will get you ready to tackle your trip with confidence. The coaches consider the amount of hours you can train per week, what you need to focus on based on your goals and milestones you need to hit in order to achieve them. They develop a detailed write up and training plan just for you!
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Check out our General FAQs section. You will find answers to all the most common questions that don’t necessarily pertain to a specific trip.
Make Classic Climbs of Mallorca Your Own:
Trek Travel can customize a trip for groups ranging from 14 to 20+ guests. Tweak an existing itinerary or create a new one! When you build your own Custom bike trip with Trek Travel, each and every moment is artfully crafted to a blueprint of your choosing; it’s personalized and tailored to fit your schedule, interests, curiosities, wants, needs and budget.
So what do you need to do to get started? Check out our ’Trips to enthuse’ for ideas, contact us, then tell us who, where and when—it’s that easy. Let the planning begin.
Favorite WOW’s From Some Of Our Guests
When we asked our guests what their favorite WOW's were from their Classic Climbs of Mallorca bike vacations, here is what they said…
The tiny fishing village of Estellencs, on the rugged Tramauntana coastline, is the perfect place to log some truly breathtaking rides. —Penny Gatward, Trip Designer