Canadian Rockies • Rocky Mountains • North America
|Months||July, August | View Dates»|
|Price (USD)||From $3,299 | See Pricing»|
|Start & End||Banff, Alberta, Canada|
|Trip Length||6 days | 5 nights|
|Rider Type||2&3 | Learn More»|
|Daily Rides||Options from 18 - 73 miles|
|Beyond Biking||Hiking, Historical Site Visit, Shopping|
|Trip Options||Make it Private or Choose Your Own Date|
Powerful in their beauty and majestic in their stature, the Canadian Rockies remain unspoiled, undiscovered, and the perfect place for the bicycling vacation of a lifetime. Join Trek Travel for a week-long cycling adventure from the untamed wilds of Moraine Lake to the splendor of Banff and Yoho National Parks, two of the four mountain parks that together have been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You'll take in the rugged beauty of the Valley of Ten Peaks and marvel at the turquoise waters of Lake Louise. And there's always the chance of wildlife sightings as eagles, elk, moose, bighorn sheep, and even bears in the area through which we'll be cycling.
- Cycle along scenic roads that earned the Canadian Rockies 4th place in National Geographic’s 50 Ultimate Road Trips.
- Develop an appreciation for nature and marvel at the wildlife - eagles, elk, sheep and sometimes even a grizzly - that peacefully eats daisies on the edge of the forest.
- Hike through the Valley of the Ten Peaks with award-winning local guides.
- The view of the turquoise serenity of both Lake Louise and Moraine Lake is even more beautiful than the photos!
- Cycle along Banff National Park’s new bike path to the Olympic Town of Canmore & enjoy a local market.
Days 1 & 2 | Moraine Lake
Stay at Moraine Lake Lodge
Cycle along quiet roads, with the view of Castle Mountain off in the distance | Enjoy a hike with Master Interpretive Guides in the Valley of the Ten Peaks with Moraine Lake's turquoise waters below | Canoe on the turquoise waters of Moraine Lake or jump in if you dare | Relax in our secluded mountain cabin getaway
Day 3 | Yoho Provincial Park
Stay at Emerald Lake Lodge
Cycle across the ’car free’ Continental Divide, where the flow of mountain waters divides between the Pacific Ocean and Atlantic Ocean | Enjoy the Spiral Train Tunnels | Witness the strength of Takakkaw Falls, the second-highest officially measured waterfall in western Canada | Savor wild game and other seasonal specialties | Relax in our secluded mountain cabin getaway
Days 4 – 6 | Banff National Park
Stay at Buffalo Mountain Lodge
Take in the epic mountain views that surround you | Spend an afternoon roaming the streets of Banff in search of souvenirs or walk through the majestic Banff Springs Hotel | Spend an afternoon relaxing at the hotel and enjoying their outdoor hot tub | Ride the locals’ loop and keep your eyes out for wild animals, such as mountain sheep & goats | Savor the delicacies created by our hotel's chef
Moraine Lake Lodge | Moraine Lake, Alberta, Canada
Located in Banff National Park on the shores of Moraine Lake—the Jewel of the Rockies—Moraine Lake Lodge boasts private balcony views of the surrounding grand Valley of Ten Peaks from each wood-beamed room and offers all the comforts of a cozy alpine retreat.
Emerald Lake Lodge | Field, British Columbia, Canada
A nod to the past characterizes accommodations at Emerald Lake Lodge. Dotting the property's 13-acre peninsula are 24 cabin-style buildings; each is designed to reflect the traditional architecture of the lodge. It’s your own private sanctuary in the mountains!
Buffalo Mountain Lodge | Banff, Alberta, Canada
Located just above the Banff township near Tunnel Mountain, Buffalo Mountain Lodge is constructed with luxurious and spacious rooms, most with balconies, fireplaces, and mountain views. The hotel houses an excellent restaurant and one of the Canadian Rockies' most comfortable outdoor hot-tubs.
What’s Included in the Trip Price
- 5 nights of accommodation
- Daily breakfast, 3 lunches, 3 social hours, 4 dinners, and all snacks and drinks for each day
- The knowledge, support, and camaraderie of experienced guides
- Daily route support
- The use of a Trek Domane 5.9 carbon road bike, or Trek Domane 5.9 Women’s Specific Design carbon road bike (limited selection), or Trek 7.6 FX hybrid bike
- The use of Trek bike helmets and other gear and equipment to make your ride comfortable
- Trek Travel water bottles
- Private tours
- Entrance fees to all group events/activities
- All luggage transfers
- All transportation during the trip, including private coaches
- Comprehensive trip literature and complimentary Trek merchandise
- All gratuities for special events, local guides, transfers, hotels, and restaurants
- $300 Discount on a 5 or 6 series Trek Domane or Madone, or Project One purchased at your local Trek retailer
- Airfare to and from the trip
- Transportation to the trip pick-up location
- Lodging before and after the trip
- Gratuities for Trek Travel guides
- Personal items purchased during the trip
- Some meals are not included in each destination, which allows you the opportunity to explore regional cuisine on your own. Your guides are happy to make recommendations should you so desire.
What is the weather going to be like?
The weather in the mountains is variable. Temperatures range between 44-71 degrees Fahrenheit (7-22 degrees Celsius) in the months of July and August. It is possible to experience dramatic temperature and climactic changes in a moment’s notice. Both snow and rain are always a possibility. Please pack for all seasons.
What are the daily rides like?
|Rider Type | 2&3||Average Daily Mileage | 40|
|Terrain | hilly||Average Daily Elevation | 1,800|
On all of our vacations, Trek Travel strives to find quiet, paved secondary roads or bike paths to experience a region; busy roads are avoided as much as possible. Canadian Rockies is best suited for our Type 2&3 Riders. Our Trek Travel guides can also easily accommodate Type 1 Riders, who seek less mileage or fewer uphills, with a boost in the van. Those who wish to ride every mile but are concerned about their physical ability may want to try our electric bike option–you still get a workout but can climb alongside even the strongest rider. Type 3 Riders will enjoy the extra mileage the avid route options offer. The terrain is a combination of "false flat" riding and moderate hills. There are a few lengthier climbs that you can choose to either ride on your bike or in the van. Most riding is on lightly used secondary roads or bike paths. See Itinerary for specific daily ride distance and elevation options.
What are the options for a non-rider travel companion?
On most Trek Travel trips, we offer non-riding options for riders who want to take the afternoon off, or travel companions who want to spend little or no time in the saddle. Some of these options may need to be scheduled before your trip–please contact one of our Trip Consultants for more information. Expenses and/or related transportation to these activities may not be included in the trip price. See Included In The Trip Price for more information.
Some non-riding options on this trip are:
- Hiking Consolation Lakes
- Canoeing on Moraine Lake
- Shopping in Canmore & Banff
- Spa day at the Banff Springs Hotel Spa
- Gondola Ride Up Sulphur Mountain
- Hiking Emerald Lake
- Hiking Takakkaw Falls
- Visiting Banff Springs Hotel
- Visiting the Whyte Museum
- Visiting Chateau Lake Louise
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Check out our General FAQs section. You will find answers to all the most common questions that don’t necessarily pertain to a specific trip.
|Canadian Rockies 2013
||Jul 28-Aug 2, 2013
||Guaranteed Date*||$3,299 per person | $850 single occ.|
|Aug 4-9, 2013||Guaranteed Date*||$3,299 per person | $850 single occ.|
|Aug 11-16, 2013||Guaranteed Date*||$3,299 per person | $850 single occ.|
|Canadian Rockies 2014||Jul 27-Aug 1, 2014||$3,299 per person | $850 single occ.|
|Aug 3-8, 2014||$3,299 per person | $850 single occ.|
|Aug 10-15, 2014||$3,299 per person | $850 single occ.|
Want to travel with your with friends, family, or colleagues? We can make any trip private. More»
Our dates don't fit your schedule? Use Travel Match and suggest your own date. More»
*Our 2013 trips are guaranteed to run once we have one confirmed booking on the trip. Trek Travel reserves the right to cancel trips with zero guests, therefore you must book with Trek Travel before making travel arrangments for the trip. We are not responsible for travel arrangements made prior to confirming your Trek Travel Trip. Guaranteed trips do not include Cross Country, Santa Barbara to Taos, Pyrenees Sea to Sea, or any Race trips.
Wow’s From Our Guests & More Photos
When we asked our guests what their favorite WOW's were from their Canadian Rockies vacations, here is what they said…
I wake up to these mountains every day and every day I am wooed. I’m sure their beauty will also enchant you. —Renee Krysko, Trip Designer