y2012 California Wine Weekend • California Wine • North America
|Months To Go
||November | View Dates»|
|Price (USD)||From $1,599 | See Pricing»|
|Start & End||San Francisco, California|
|Trip Length||3 days | 2 nights|
|Rider Type||2 | Learn More»|
|Daily Rides||Options from 10 - 48 miles|
|Beyond Biking||Hiking, Wine Tasting, Spa, Shopping|
|Trip Options||Make it Private or Choose Your Own Date|
Experience three exquisite days of active travel, amidst the undisputed elegance of California Wine Country. Traverse the remote Dry Creek Valley, a luxurious haven for wine enthusiasts the world over. Savor days filled with leisurely bicycle rides, bountiful picnics, and expertly crafted wine. Indulge in a private tasting and romantic dinner at one of the region's most exclusive wineries, and settle into the lavish comforts of charming Wine Country retreats. Escape for a weekend bike trip in this sublime paradise and we bet you'll never want to leave.
- Discover the varied and vineyard-lined terrain of Sonoma County’s big three appellations: Russian River, Dry Creek, and Alexander Valley.
- Savor the delights of Northern California cuisine, inspired by the local and fresh ingredients.
- Enjoy the varied and unique tasting rooms, each boasting a different ambiance.
- Visit one of the California’s sacred treasures, the Redwood Forest.
- Share the passion and joy of superb food and exquisite wine with all who live in Sonoma Valley.
|Click Below To Download|
Days 1 – 3 | Healdsburg
Stay at h2hotel
Cycle among the vineyards of the Dry Creek Valley | Sample local wines at some of the region's fabulous wineries | Indulge in a private wine tasting and dinners at exclusive restaurants | Explore historic downtown Healdsburg
h2hotel | Healdsburg, CA
Located just off the plaza in downtown Healdsburg, h2hotel is rooted in nature and fluid by design. Built to LEED Gold green building certification, all aspects in form and function at h2 take an eco-friendly view.
What’s Included in the Trip Price
- 2 nights of accommodation
- Daily breakfast, 2 lunches, 1 social hours, 2 dinners, and all snacks and drinks for each day
- The knowledge, support, and camaraderie of experienced guides
- Daily route support
- The use of a Trek Domane 5.9 carbon road bike, or Trek Domane 5.9 Women’s Specific Design carbon road bike (limited selection), or Trek 7.6 FX hybrid bike
- The use of Trek bike helmets and other gear and equipment to make your ride comfortable
- Trek Travel water bottles
- Private tours
- Entrance fees to all group events/activities
- All luggage transfers
- All transportation during the trip, including private coaches
- Comprehensive trip literature and complimentary Trek merchandise
- All gratuities for special events, local guides, transfers, hotels, and restaurants
- $300 Discount on a 5 or 6 series Trek Domane purchase at your local Trek retailer
- Airfare to and from the trip
- Transportation to the trip pick-up location
- Lodging before and after the trip
- Gratuities for Trek Travel guides
- Personal items purchased during the trip
- Some meals are not included in each destination, which allows you the opportunity to explore regional cuisine on your own. Your guides are happy to make recommendations should you so desire.
What is the weather going to be like?
Warm sunny days (70F-75F) and cooler evenings, with temperatures at least 15 to 20 degrees cooler. Bring layers for the cooler morning and hotter midday differentials - a rain shell is also a good idea.
What are the daily rides like?
|Rider Type | 2||Average Daily Mileage | 25|
|Terrain | hilly||Average Daily Elevation | 450|
On all of our vacations, Trek Travel strives to find quiet, paved secondary roads or bike paths to experience a region; busy roads are avoided as much as possible. California Wine Country Weekend is best suited for our Type 2 Riders. Our Trek Travel guides can also easily accommodate Type 1 Riders, who seek less mileage or fewer uphills, with a boost in the van. Those who wish to ride every mile but are concerned about their physical ability may want to try our electric bike option–you still get a workout but can climb alongside even the strongest rider. Type 3 Riders will enjoy the extra mileage the avid route options offer. The terrain is generally rolling, with a few flat stretches on quiet, but sometimes narrow, roads. For those seeking more challenging rides, the hills to the east or west of the valley are sure to please even the most avid cyclist. See Itinerary for specific daily ride distance and elevation options.
What are the options for a non-rider travel companion?
On most Trek Travel trips, we offer non-riding options for riders who want to take the afternoon off, or travel companions who want to spend little or no time in the saddle. Some of these options may need to be scheduled before your trip–please contact one of our Trip Consultants for more information. Expenses and/or related transportation to these activities may not be included in the trip price. See Included In The Trip Price for more information.
As an alternative, call a Trek Travel Trip Consultant at 866.464.8735 for trip suggestions where more non-rider activities are available, such as:
- Shop the chic boutiques on the plaza in Healdsburg
- Take a winery tour or indulge in wine tasting in a wide variety of wineries or tasting rooms in town
- Walk and explore the Armstrong Redwoods State Park
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Check out our General FAQs section. You will find answers to all the most common questions that don’t necessarily pertain to a specific trip.
|California Wine Country Weekend||Nov 16-18, 2012 | Guaranteed Date||$1,599 per person | $550 single occ.|
Want to travel with your with friends, family, or colleagues? We can make any trip private. More»
Our dates don't fit your schedule? Use Travel Match and suggest your own date. More»
Wow’s From Our Guests & More Photos
When we asked our guests what their favorite WOW’s were from their California Wine Country bike vacations, here is what they said…
There were a lot of great wow moments but the best one for me was the picnic in Armstrong Park with the amazing Redwood trees.—Janice
Everything was excellent.—David
Definitely one of the best vacations I've ever had.—Bess
Loved the flexibility - the luxury of a private trip - and, as always, the way that Trek guides accommodate everyone's needs making everyone feel happy.—Mark
We are not "tour" people, and usually enjoy making our own way with a map and a good guide book. This trip was one of the most relaxing vacations I’ve ever had, great exercise, great food, great accommodations, great company and we were completely pampered. —Lisa