California Wine Country Long Weekend • California Wine • North America
|Months||October | View Dates»|
|Price (USD)||From $2,199 | See Pricing»|
|Start & End||San Francisco, California|
|Trip Length||4 days | 3 nights|
|Rider Type||2 | Learn More»|
|Daily Rides||Options from 11 - 53 miles|
|Beyond Biking||Hiking, Wine Tasting, Spa, Shopping|
|Trip Options||Make it Private or Choose Your Own Date|
Experience four exquisite days of active travel, amidst the undisputed elegance of California Wine Country. Traverse the remote Dry Creek Valley, a luxurious haven for wine enthusiasts the world over. Savor days filled with leisurely bicycle rides, bountiful picnics, and expertly crafted wine. Indulge in a private tasting and romantic dinner at one of the region's most exclusive wineries, and settle into the lavish comforts of charming Wine Country retreats. Escape for a weekend bike trip in this sublime paradise and we bet you'll never want to leave.
- Discover the varied and vineyard-lined terrain of Sonoma County’s big three appellations: Russian River, Dry Creek, and Alexander Valley.
- Savor the delights of Northern California cuisine, inspired by the local and fresh ingredients.
- Enjoy the varied and unique tasting rooms, each boasting a different ambiance.
- Visit one of the California’s sacred treasures, the Redwood Forest.
- Share the passion and joy of superb food and exquisite wine with all who live in Sonoma Valley.
|San Franscisco Add On Package|
Days 1 – 4 | Bodega Bay & Healdsburg
Stay at Bodega Bay Lodge and Spa & Hotel Healdsburg
Cycle among the vineyards of the Dry Creek Valley | Sample local wines at some of the region's fabulous wineries | Indulge in a private wine tasting and dinners at exclusive restaurants | Explore historic downtown Healdsburg
San Francisco Add On Package
Explore the city of San Francisco and let Trek Travel take care of the details. Purchase our exciting 3 day, 2 night add on package to enjoy before or after your trip.
Bodega Bay Lodge and Spa | Bodega Bay, CA
Located just one hour north of the Golden Gate Bridge, the Bodega Bay Lodge and Spa overlooks the Pacific Ocean, Doran Beach State Park and the spectacular green bluffs of Bodega Head. All 84 guest rooms have ocean views and you'll discover that the sweeping vistas and sea breezes are enhanced by bird calls and calming sounds of the distant fog horns.
Hotel Healdsburg | Healdsburg, CA
Hotel Healdsburg is Sonoma County's premier luxury lodging on Healdsburg's historic town square. Located in the heart of North Sonoma Wine Country, Hotel Healdsburg is the ideal venue for a romantic weekend, celebration or company meeting. A resort unto itself, the hotel offers a full service spa, pool, country gardens, and the acclaimed Charlie Palmer's Dry Creek Kitchen.
What’s Included in the Trip Price
- 3 nights of accommodation
- Daily breakfast, 2 lunches, 1 social hours, 2 dinners, and all snacks and drinks for each day
- The knowledge, support, and camaraderie of experienced guides
- Daily route support
- The use of a Trek Domane™ 5.9 carbon road bike, or Trek Domane™ 5.9 Women’s Specific Design carbon road bike (limited selection), or Trek 7.6 FX™ hybrid bike
- The use of Trek bike helmets and other gear and equipment to make your ride comfortable
- Trek Travel water bottles
- Private tours
- Entrance fees to all group events/activities
- All luggage transfers
- All transportation during the trip, including private coaches
- Comprehensive trip literature and complimentary Trek merchandise
- All gratuities for special events, local guides, transfers, hotels, and restaurants
- $300 Discount on a 5 or 6 series Trek Domane or Madone, or Project One purchased at your local Trek retailer
- Airfare to and from the trip
- Transportation to the trip pick-up location
- Lodging before and after the trip
- Gratuities for Trek Travel guides
- Personal items purchased during the trip
- Some meals are not included in each destination, which allows you the opportunity to explore regional cuisine on your own. Your guides are happy to make recommendations should you so desire.
What is the weather going to be like?
Warm sunny days (70F-75F) and cooler evenings, with temperatures at least 15 to 20 degrees cooler. Bring layers for the cooler morning and hotter midday differentials - a rain shell is also a good idea.
What are the daily rides like?
|Rider Type | 2||Average Daily Mileage | 35|
|Terrain | hilly||Average Daily Elevation | 1,200|
On all of our vacations, Trek Travel strives to find quiet, paved secondary roads or bike paths to experience a region; busy roads are avoided as much as possible. California Wine Country is best suited for our Type 2 Riders. Our Trek Travel guides can also easily accommodate Type 1 Riders, who seek less mileage or fewer uphills, with a boost in the van. Those who wish to ride every mile but are concerned about their physical ability may want to try our electric bike option–you still get a workout but can climb alongside even the strongest rider. Type 3 Riders will enjoy the extra mileage the avid route options offer. The terrain is generally rolling, with a few flat stretches on quiet, but sometimes narrow, roads. For those seeking more challenging rides, the hills to the east or west of the valley are sure to please even the most avid cyclist. See Itinerary for specific daily ride distance and elevation options.
What are the options for a non-rider travel companion?
On most Trek Travel trips, we offer non-riding options for riders who want to take the afternoon off, or travel companions who want to spend little or no time in the saddle. Some of these options may need to be scheduled before your trip–please contact one of our Trip Consultants for more information. Expenses and/or related transportation to these activities may not be included in the trip price. See Included In The Trip Price for more information.
As an alternative, call a Trek Travel Trip Consultant at 866.464.8735 for trip suggestions where more non-rider activities are available, such as:
- Shop the chic boutiques on the plaza in Healdsburg
- Take a winery tour or indulge in wine tasting in a wide variety of wineries or tasting rooms in town
- Walk and explore the Armstrong Redwoods State Park
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Check out our General FAQs section. You will find answers to all the most common questions that don’t necessarily pertain to a specific trip.
|California Wine Country Long Weekend
||Oct 20-23, 2013||Sold Out
||$2,199 per person | $750 single occ.|
|San Francisco Add On Package||Pre/Post Trip||$899 per person|
Want to travel with your with friends, family, or colleagues? We can make any trip private. More»
Our dates don't fit your schedule? Use Travel Match and suggest your own date. More»
*Our 2013 trips are guaranteed to run once we have one confirmed booking on the trip. Trek Travel reserves the right to cancel trips with zero guests, therefore you must book with Trek Travel before making travel arrangments for the trip. We are not responsible for travel arrangements made prior to confirming your Trek Travel Trip. Guaranteed trips do not include Cross Country, Santa Barbara to Taos, Pyrenees Sea to Sea, or any Race trips.
Wow’s From Our Guests & More Photos
When we asked our guests what their favorite WOW's were from their California Wine Country bike vacations, here is what they said…
We are not "tour" people, and usually enjoy making our own way with a map and a good guide book. This trip was one of the most relaxing vacations I’ve ever had–great exercise, great food, great accommodations, great company and we were completely pampered. —Lisa
Biggest wow - guides' positive attitudes. They were very accommodating and anticipated what would make a great trip.—Mark
Fantastic scenery. Great people. Awesome TT guides. Superb accommodation and dining.—Darryl
I have taken many trips with other companies but this was my first with Trek. I really appreciated all the extra touches.—Amy
Accolades, News & More