California Wine Country • California Wine • North America
|Months||April, June, September | View Dates»|
|Price (USD)||From $1,699 | See Pricing»|
|Start & End||Calistoga, California | Healdsburg, California|
|Trip Length||6 days | 5 nights|
|Rider Type||2 | Learn More»|
|Daily Rides||Options from 11 - 67 miles|
|Beyond Biking||Hiking, Wine Tasting, Spa, Shopping|
|Trip Options||Make it Private or Choose Your Own Date|
Saturate your senses with the sights, sounds, and smells in of one of the world's premier cycling regions. California Wine Country Explorer provides an uncommon blend of panoramic views, flavorful wines, quaint towns, and cycling along quiet back roads and twisting byways. Cycling is expertly paired each day with fresh cuisine for every mood, exclusive wine tastings, and luxurious accommodations. From long, challenging rides through the hills to leisurely morning loops, California Wine Country is a joy to pedal whatever your expectations; so join Trek Travel and experience a vintage fashioned just for you.
- Discover vineyard lined roads, towering Redwoods and ride some of the challenging climbs in Napa and Sonoma Counties.
- Explore the flavors of Northern Californian cuisine and savor seasonal and local ingredients.
- Enjoy the varied and unique tasting rooms, each boasting a different ambiance.
- Visit one of California’s sacred treasures, the Redwood Forest.
- Share the passion and joy of superb foods and exquisite wines in Sonoma Valley.
|San Franscisco Add On Package|
Days 1 & 2 | Calistoga
Stay at Mount View Hotel
Pedal the European like country roads outside Calistoga | Stop to sample wines at some of Napa Valley’s acclaimed wineries | Browse the shops of St. Helena | Visit the mud baths with the healing waters that put Calistoga on the map | Enjoy the cozy accommodations at Mount View Hotel
Days 3 – 6 | Healdsburg
Stay at h2hotel
Cycle the Alexander, Dry Creek and Russian River Valleys | Sample Sonoma County’s famous Pinot Noir and Cabernet wines | Meander through a majestic redwood forest | Stroll the boutiques and tasting rooms of Healdsburg
San Francisco Add On Package
Explore the city of San Francisco and let Trek Travel take care of the details. Purchase our exciting 3 day, 2 night add on package to enjoy before or after your trip.
Mount View Hotel | Calistoga, CA
Located in the heart of the spa town of Calistoga, this cozy boutique hotel celebrates the "art of relaxation" with comfortable accommodations and a full service spa.
h2hotel | Healdsburg, CA
From an undulating roof alive with succulents to ripples on the creek by its feet, h2hotel is rooted in nature and fluid by design. Built to LEED Gold green building certification, all aspects in form and function at h2 take an eco-friendly view that's all about you.
What’s Included in the Trip Price
- 5 nights of accommodation
- Daily breakfast, 1 lunches, 2 social hours, 2 dinners, and all snacks and drinks for each day
- The knowledge, support, and camaraderie of experienced guides
- Daily route support
- The use of a Trek Domane 5.9 carbon road bike, or Trek Domane 5.9 Women’s Specific Design carbon road bike (limited selection), or Trek 7.6 FX hybrid bike
- The use of Trek bike helmets and other gear and equipment to make your ride comfortable
- Trek Travel water bottles
- Private tours
- Entrance fees to all group events/activities
- All luggage transfers
- All transportation during the trip, including private coaches
- Comprehensive trip literature and complimentary Trek merchandise
- All gratuities for special events, local guides, transfers, hotels, and restaurants
- $300 Discount on a 5 or 6 series Trek Domane or Madone, or Project One purchased at your local Trek retailer
- Airfare to and from the trip
- Transportation to the trip pick-up location
- Lodging before and after the trip
- Gratuities for Trek Travel guides
- Personal items purchased during the trip
- Some meals are not included in each destination, which allows you the opportunity to explore regional cuisine on your own. Your guides are happy to make recommendations should you so desire.
What is the weather going to be like?
Warm sunny days (70F-80F) and cooler evenings, with temperatures at least 15 to 20 degrees cooler. Bring layers for the cooler morning and hotter midday differentials. A rain shell is also a good idea.
What are the daily rides like?
|Rider Type | 2||Average Daily Mileage | 45|
|Terrain | hilly||Average Daily Elevation | 1,400|
On all of our vacations, Trek Travel strives to find quiet, paved secondary roads or bike paths to experience a region; busy roads are avoided as much as possible. California Wine Country is best suited for our Type 2 Riders. Our Trek Travel guides can also easily accommodate Type 1 Riders, who seek less mileage or fewer uphills, with a boost in the van. Those who wish to ride every mile but are concerned about their physical ability may want to try our electric bike option–you still get a workout but can climb alongside even the strongest rider. Type 3 Riders will enjoy the extra mileage the avid route options offer. The terrain is generally rolling, with a few flat stretches on quiet, but sometimes narrow roads. For those seeking more challenging rides, the hills to the east or west of the valley are sure to please even the most avid cyclist. See Itinerary for specific daily ride distance and elevation options.
What are the options for a non-rider travel companion?
On most Trek Travel trips, we offer non-riding options for riders who want to take the afternoon off, or travel companions who want to spend little or no time in the saddle. Some of these options may need to be scheduled before your trip–please contact one of our Trip Consultants for more information. Expenses and/or related transportation to these activities may not be included in the trip price. See Included In The Trip Price for more information.
As an alternative, call a Trek Travel Trip Consultant at 866.464.8735 for trip suggestions where more non-rider activities are available, such as:
- Shop in boutiques around Calistoga and Healdsburg
- Take a winery tour or indulge in wine tasting in a wide variety of wineries or tasting rooms in town
- Walk and explore the Armstrong Redwoods State Park
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Check out our General FAQs section. You will find answers to all the most common questions that don’t necessarily pertain to a specific trip.
|California Wine Country 2013Value Series||Jun 9-14, 2013||Guaranteed Date*||$1,699 per person | $750 single occ.|
|Value Series||Jun 16-21, 2013||Guaranteed Date*||$1,699 per person | $750 single occ.|
|Value Series||Jun 23-28, 2013||Guaranteed Date*||$1,699 per person | $750 single occ.|
|Value Series||Jun 30-Jul 5, 2013||Limited Availability
||$1,699 per person | $750 single occ.|
|Value Series||Sep 8-13, 2013||Guaranteed Date*||$1,899 per person | $750 single occ.|
|California Wine Country 2014Value Series||Mar 30-Apr 4, 2014||$1,699 per person | $750 single occ.|
|Value Series||Apr 6-11, 2014||$1,699 per person | $750 single occ.|
|Value Series||Apr 20-25, 2014||$1,699 per person | $750 single occ.|
|Value Series||Apr 27-May 2, 2014||$1,699 per person | $750 single occ.|
|Value Series||May 11-16, 2014||$1,699 per person | $750 single occ.|
|Value Series||May 18-23, 2014||$1,699 per person | $750 single occ.|
|Value Series||Jun 8-13, 2014||$1,699 per person | $750 single occ.|
|Value Series||Jun 15-20, 2014||$1,699 per person | $750 single occ.|
|Value Series||Jun 22-27, 2014||$1,699 per person | $750 single occ.|
|Value Series||Jun 29-Jul 4, 2014||$1,699 per person | $750 single occ.|
|Value Series||Sep 7-12, 2014||$1,899 per person | $750 single occ.|
|San Francisco Add On Package||Pre/Post Trip||$899 per person|
Want to travel with your with friends, family, or colleagues? We can make any trip private. More»
Our dates don't fit your schedule? Use Travel Match and suggest your own date. More»
*Our 2013 trips are guaranteed to run once we have one confirmed booking on the trip. Trek Travel reserves the right to cancel trips with zero guests, therefore you must book with Trek Travel before making travel arrangments for the trip. We are not responsible for travel arrangements made prior to confirming your Trek Travel Trip. Guaranteed trips do not include Cross Country, Santa Barbara to Taos, Pyrenees Sea to Sea, or any Race trips.
Wow’s From Our Guests & More Photos
When we asked our guests what their favorite WOW’s were from their California Wine Country bike vacations, here is what they said…
There were a lot of great wow moments but the best one for me was the picnic in Armstrong Park with the amazing Redwood trees.—Janice
Everything was excellent.—David
Definitely one of the best vacations I've ever had.—Bess
Loved the flexibility - the luxury of a private trip - and, as always, the way that Trek guides accommodate everyone's needs making everyone feel happy.—Mark
We are not "tour" people, and usually enjoy making our own way with a map and a good guide book. This trip was one of the most relaxing vacations I’ve ever had, great exercise, great food, great accommodations, great company and we were completely pampered. —Lisa