Bruges to the Ardennes • Greater Europe • Europe
|Months||August | View Dates»|
|Price (USD)||From $4,299 | See Pricing»|
|Start & End||Brussels, Belgium|
|Trip Length||6 days | 5 nights|
|Rider Type||3 | Learn More»|
|Daily Rides||Options from 19 - 56 miles|
|Beyond Biking||Historical Site Visit, Cultural Tour, Beer Tasting, Shopping, Ride Pro Race Course|
|Trip Options||Make it Private or Choose Your Own Date|
Belgium has the perfect bike trip formula: fantastic riding, fascinating history, warm culture and amazing food and drink. Trek Travel pulls it all together for you to create the vacation of a lifetime. We travel from the enchanting city of Bruges into the Flemish countryside, where walled fortresses and fairy tale castles sit atop forested hills and rolling fields. In Bruges, enjoy a city cris-crossed by bridges, canals, museums, chocolateries, frites shops, and some of the finest Flemish Primitive art in the world. Then, spend nights in a 13th century village and luxuriate in the opulence of an authentic chåteau. Spin your wheels along the famous routes of the Tour De France and the Spring Classics like the Liége-Bastogne-Liége and enjoy the finest creations of Belgium's master brewers.
- Ride legendary Tour de France and Liége-Bastogne-Liége race routes
- Enjoy a tour and tasting at a family-run artisanal brewery
- Stay in a sumptuous 19th century chåteau
- Visit some of the most important American WW2 monuments in the Ardennes
- Pay tribute to living legend Eddie Merckx’s statue
|Amsterdam Add On Package
Days 1 & 2 | Bruges
Stay at Hotel De Orangerie
Ride through medieval villages, stopping to admire traditional Flemish architecture | Indulge in traditional Belgian delights such as handmade chocolate and craft beers | Discover the many canals throughout the villages | Ride through the beautiful Flanders countryside, home to several famous spring classics races
Days 3 – 6 | Spa
Stay at Le Manoir de Lébioles
Private Belgian beer tasting and artisanal brewery tour | Visit the Eddie Merckx statue after climbing the Col de Sur Stockeu featured in the 2010 Tour de France | Visit historical American WWII sites | Enjoy dinner and shopping and the famous mineral springs in the town of Spa | Ride the routes of the famous Liége-Bastogne-Liége race | Relax and enjoy the discreet luxury of Le Manoir de Lébioles
Amsterdam Add On Package
Explore the city of Amsterdam and let Trek Travel take care of the details. Purchase our exciting 3 day, 2 night add on package to enjoy before or after your trip.
Hotel De Orangerie | Bruges, Belgium
This former 15th-century convent has been converted into a romantic luxury boutique hotel in the historic and cultural heart of Bruges. Enjoy an aperitif on the terrace overlooking the picturesque “Den Dyver” canal or enjoy a traditional high tea!
Le Manoir de Lébioles | Creppe, Belgium
This beautiful 19th century chåteau has been described as "a small Versailles of Ardennes." The hotel is nestled majestically in the Ardennes forest and welcomes guests with pristine nature, discreet luxury and first class service.
What’s Included in the Trip Price
- 5 nights of accommodation
- Daily breakfast, 3 lunches, 4 social hours, 4 dinners, and all snacks and drinks for each day
- The knowledge, support, and camaraderie of experienced guides
- Daily route support
- The use of a Trek Domane 5.9 carbon road bike, or Trek Domane 5.9 Women’s Specific Design carbon road bike (limited selection), or Trek 7.6 FX hybrid bike
- The use of Trek bike helmets and other gear and equipment to make your ride comfortable
- Trek Travel water bottles
- Private tours
- Entrance fees to all group events/activities
- All luggage transfers
- All transportation during the trip, including private coaches
- Comprehensive trip literature and complimentary Trek merchandise
- All gratuities for special events, local guides, transfers, hotels, and restaurants
- $300 Discount on a 5 or 6 series Trek Domane or Madone, or Project One purchased at your local Trek retailer
- Airfare to and from the trip
- Transportation to the trip pick-up location
- Lodging before and after the trip
- Gratuities for Trek Travel guides
- Personal items purchased during the trip
- Some meals are not included in each destination, which allows you the opportunity to explore regional cuisine on your own. Your guides are happy to make recommendations should you so desire.
What is the weather going to be like?
Summer temperatures are usually warm with pleasant daytime temperatures(70F-80F). Belgium’s beautiful green landscapes and northern location mean that it can be hit with the odd cold spell and rain shower. Layers and a waterproof shell are recommended.
What are the daily rides like?
|Rider Type | 3||Average Daily Mileage | 45|
|Terrain | hilly||Average Daily Elevation | 3,900|
On all of our vacations, Trek Travel strives to find quiet, paved secondary roads or bike paths to experience a region; busy roads are avoided as much as possible. Bruges to the Ardennes is best suited for our Type 3 Riders. Our Trek Travel guides can also easily accommodate Type 2 Riders, who seek less mileage or fewer uphills, with a boost in the van. Those who wish to ride every mile but are concerned about their physical ability may want to try our electric bike option–you still get a workout but can climb alongside even the strongest rider. Type 4 Riders will enjoy the extra mileage the avid route options offer. The terrain is varied with gentle forested valleys, rolling hills. The hills are generally short and steep. See Itinerary for specific daily ride distance and elevation options.
What are the options for a non-rider travel companion?
On most Trek Travel trips, we offer non-riding options for riders who want to take the afternoon off, or travel companions who want to spend little or no time in the saddle. Some of these options may need to be scheduled before your trip–please contact one of our Trip Consultants for more information. Expenses and/or related transportation to these activities may not be included in the trip price. See Included In The Trip Price for more information.
Some non-riding options on this trip are:
- Explore immaculately preserved medieval towns
- Visit historic castles
- Go hiking and kayaking on the Ourthe river
- Artisanal brewery visit and beer tasting
- Mineral springs in the town of Spa
- Relax in spa and grounds of our sumptuous chÌ¢teau Le Manoir de Lebioles
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Check out our General FAQs section. You will find answers to all the most common questions that don’t necessarily pertain to a specific trip.
|Bruges to the Ardennes
||Aug 10-15, 2013||Guaranteed Date*||$4,299 per person | $950 single occ.|
|Aug 17-22, 2013||Guaranteed Date*||$4,299 per person | $950 single occ.|
|Amsterdam Add On Package||Pre/Post Trip||$899 per person|
Want to travel with your with friends, family, or colleagues? We can make any trip private. More»
Our dates don't fit your schedule? Use Travel Match and suggest your own date. More»
*Our 2013 trips are guaranteed to run once we have one confirmed booking on the trip. Trek Travel reserves the right to cancel trips with zero guests, therefore you must book with Trek Travel before making travel arrangments for the trip. We are not responsible for travel arrangements made prior to confirming your Trek Travel Trip. Guaranteed trips do not include Cross Country, Santa Barbara to Taos, Pyrenees Sea to Sea, or any Race trips.
Wow’s From Our Guests & More Photos
When we asked our guests what their favorite WOW's were from their Bruges to the Ardennes bike vacations, here is what they said…
Savor the delights of the chefs and master brewers of this small, but extremely indulgent nation. —Penny Gatward, Trip Designer